Honored Contributor

Yep. It's finally here. July 20th. My 69th birthday. I'm greeting it not with dread, which I would have imagined 20 years ago. I'm feeling that in the last 2 decades, I've come into "my own". 

I've seen both children find their forever afters and get married. My 2 granddaughters are a blessing to me. My son & family moved within 45 minutes away instead of a 5-6 hour trek we made once a month. DH's tax practice continues to be lucrative even though he's 73 & still enjoys meeting w/ clients daily. Over the same 20 years, he studied and received his financial advisor's credentials and insurance lisence. So for his professional, medical practice clients, he's a "one stop shopping service". Quite proud of him.

DD moved to WA state from DC last year...so far away, but we see each other and speak often. SIL w/ Microsoft and she had to take the year to get a new dental hygiene lisence since in that state, they are required to give injections (😧). 

I've seen my Dad go through chemo and fight the losing battle against 2 different cancers and passed away on July 24th, 4 years ago. He told me a week before, he'd hold on until after my birthday so it would  remain a happy day for me. Since my younger bother passed away at a very early age, I am sole care taker of my Mom, now 89....a monumental job. She is stubborn and difficult, but I hear my Dad saying, "Do it for me, Shanus" and it keeps me going.

I enter my birthday with my white hair...a feat unto itself...feeling natural and true to myself. I've continued my exercise, healthy diet and other good habits so I feel great and have loads of energy. 

Professionally, my jewelry business became part time and I have more free time for family, travel, my yoga, running, shopping (?!?!?!), and reading. 

I also rediscovered these forums and have enjoyed every day that I come here to read the antics and doings of my new friends. I've enjoyed posting and hope I haven't offended any more people than others have. I realize it's part of the process and developed a thicker skin when some cwap flew back on me. Mostly I learned to try NOT to post anything on LOGO threads. That's just asking for trouble (😜). 

Plans for the day include lunch out with Mom and then back home for a long nap before lobster dinner w/ hubby...hopefully a birthday cake, too!!! 🎂

To all my friends here, thank you for making it a wonderful and fullfilling year. I wish you all health and happiness.

Love

Shanus

Trusted Contributor

Re: BIRTHDAY PLANS FOR TODAY

Yay!!  Have a very happy birthday and many, many more! 

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

@Shanus Have a wonderful birthday and a whole good year closing out your 60's.

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday @Shanus

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy birthday to you animated imagesImage result for happy 69th birthday animated images

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday. Good for you on having your head on straight and still moving! I think you have got IT.  Good for you again!!

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy birthday cake animated gifs

Image result for happy birthday cake animated gifs

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday @Shanus!!!  Enjoy your day and that lobster dinner! Heart

Respected Contributor

@Shanus.  Happiest of birthdays to you!  You are obviously a woman who sees and appreciates the blessings in your life....that is one of the biggest gifts your life has given you!  May you have many, many more good years ahead with your loved ones, doing the things you love.

Respected Contributor

Happy birthday!  Happy to hear you still have your white hair.  This is my first summer since transitioning to white/grey hair and I love it. When I colored my hair I think the summers were the hardest to keep it looking nice with the sun and swimming fading the color and further drying out my hair (which would get dry from the coloring process). I feel true to myself too. Have a great day!