Trusted Contributor

There is a pair of owls that like to hang around our house. We hear them all the time, but unfortunately it has always been too dark to actually see them.  Last evening they showed up earlier, dusk and there was still enough light that I could see them.  One goes for the bird bath and the other sits on the fence keeping watch, I think.

I took  a pic from the bedroom window. It's not a great pic, but I can see the owl.  Love watching wild life, it is such a gift!
Can you spot the owl?

BE72BE2E-9E58-4AEE-BB1C-3F99CA3DA709.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Very cool!  Yes, I can see the owl!  I love birds but have never had visitor like that one.

Respected Contributor

Beautiful  I agree with you about enjoying watching nature.  It soothes my soul, especially these days.

Super Contributor

Thank you for showing this.  I hear the owls but have only seen one once.  
I am into birding, go on walks and watch outside at my feeders all the time.  

Honored Contributor

@Pezzie -Yes I see them, esp the one at the birdbath.

A few years ago I had an owl fly right in front of my deck as I was sitting there with a huge wingspan. I will never forget it.

Then there was another smaller one who camoflaged himself in the tree next to me. So amazing how if you didn't know they were there (I saw him move, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed him) they blend perfectly in the tree!

Now I hear them every night where I live now-very loud and I want to see them so much but haven't yet.

Big hawks and a huge racoon just ran past me and I don't know who was more scared!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@Pezzie   How beautiful!  Thanks for sharing this wonderful view of the owls.  Poor babies are probably very grateful to you for providing them water.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I saw both of them.  There was still just enough light to spot them and I love the picture.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Yes, I see the owl at the bird bath.  Is that the 2nd owl sitting across from it on a bench or garden stool?  Judging by the scenery it looks like you are in AZ or NM, or maybe NV? 

I really enjoy seeing any type of wildlife.  I am on the Eastern coast and we have some strange birds here.  Osprey and Ibis and Pelicans.  We have gators but I rarely see them.  A few deer.  Plenty of cardinals.  I saw an eagle.  I'm sure we have owls but have not seen them.

Lots of frogs and turtles and snakes.  Possum and raccoons.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Very cool. The only bird that is not a robin, etc. was when a blue heron took a break on my shed roof. That was many years ago.