Esteemed Contributor

Plaid....you certainly can not compare O.J. to COSBY, each case is different.  Besides, COSBY has more money than OJ ever did and OJ isn't making any money now just doing knitting in jail!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: BILL COSBY CHARGED!!!

[ Edited ]

@shell garden wrote:

Plaid....you certainly can not compare O.J. to COSBY, each case is different.  Besides, COSBY has more money than OJ ever did and OJ isn't making any money now just doing knitting in jail!

OJ may not have money today, but he had money at one time. And in all those years since the Goldmans won their suit against OJ, they have NEVER been able to collect on their winnings.

EVER.

Also, look at how many suits were brought against Michael Jackson for being inappropriate with kids.

Yet, he was never convicted either.

Esteemed Contributor

He will probably claim Affluenza. That'll get him off.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

His next book should be "THE COMPLETE CREEP."

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Being CHARGED with a crime, and being CONVICTED of a crime, are two different things.

I'll celebrate when they send his backside to the big house.

This is a big victory for these women, even if he is not convicted, and even if it is too late for many of the charges to be filed, it must give them some consolation that at least they are being taken seriously, and he is being seen for who he really is.

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Being CHARGED with a crime, and being CONVICTED of a crime, are two different things.

I'll celebrate when they send his backside to the big house.

I agree. It is still alleged and until found guilty? A city had a lot of businesses burned down, and for what? Someone not being guilty of alleged crime and judged by unsubstantiated public opinion. Plus it has pretty much destroyed a "regular man's" life, along with his family. And found innocent even by the Federal Investigation.

I'll wait till a, Guilty as Charged, comes from the courts.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

It's a good start.  I'll bet he never thought it would go this far.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Re: BILL COSBY CHARGED!!!

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

OJ may not have money today, but he had money at one time. And in all those years since the Goldmans won their suit against OJ, they have NEVER been able to collect on their winnings.

EVER.

Also, look at how many suits were brought against Michael Jackson for being inappropriate with kids.

True, but MJ settled several suits ... threw some money at them and made them go away.     It was the only choice for those that didn't have millions for the legal fees of such a lawsuit.

OJ Simpson  stashed a lot of cash in his retirement fund.   If I recall correctly, his Florida residency allowed his retirement fund to be totally UN-touchable, even though it was estimated that his monthly retirement "allowance" would pay him $25,000 a month.   He didn't need to move his money offshore to avoid paying the Goldmans anything.

(Allowance isn't the right word, but I'm drawing a blank here. sorry.)

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

EVER.

True, but MJ settled several suits ... threw some money at them and made them go away.     It was the only choice for those that didn't have millions for the legal fees of such a lawsuit.

OJ Simpson  stashed a lot of cash in his retirement fund.   If I recall correctly, his Florida residency allowed his retirement fund to be totally UN-touchable, even though it was estimated that his monthly retirement "allowance" was $25,000 a month.   He didn't need to move his money offshore to avoid paying the Goldmans anything.

(Allowance isn't the right word, but I'm drawing a blank here. sorry.)

And Cosby could very well settle out of court on this, too.

Point is, don't go thinking that he'll spend one second in jail just because a suit was brought nagainst him.

Odds are, he won't see the inside of a jail cell.

Honored Contributor

Maybe his lawyer can get him off on an "Affluenza" defense...... Woman Indifferent

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*