Contributor

BEWARE: American Express Email Scam

I received an email from "American Express" with an attachment for me to open regarding the security on my account. Being proactive I called American Express and they said it was a scam. If you get this email - forward it to spoof@americanexpress.com.

This is not a joke.

Super Contributor

Re: BEWARE: American Express Email Scam

Well, for me, I would know that it was a scam, because I don't have an A.E. card!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Honored Contributor

I got one a few days ago from USPS or UPS regarding missed delivery......print out a coupon to pick up at post office. Never click on the link for the coupon, BTW.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I am an AMEX card holder and no emails to report to date.

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}thanks for this!! it's very timely as I attempted to book a nyc rent for three days w/our amex and it wouldn't let me do it..about 5 minutes later I got a call from an agent from amex asking me if I had just attempted to use my card for this amt.?? this company is ON IT{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} we did have someone a yr ago buy something from Wal-Mart online for over $300..they called us immediately and they caught the guy!! when I saw your post, I called my husband, who is traveling, and told him I had taken care of the "true" issue but you had alerted about this scam..in other words, don't open it..thank you{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

I think I've received all the ones mentioned here and have deleted them all. I don't own an American Express card either.

Honored Contributor

I've had several scamming emails about my credit card at banks where I've never had an account. They're kind of funny because they're written with so many grammatical errors. They really should learn business English if they're going to try these scams.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment