Valued Contributor

Re: BEST ELECTRIC RANGE BRAND?

@Nuttmeg Thanks for all the info, I really appreciate the help!!

Esteemed Contributor

I just purchased a Cafe range. I love it! I'm a consumber reports fan so I narrowed down my choices to the GE Profile line and the Cafe. Most ranges are out of stock so I had to go with what was in the warehouse. (My range was very old 10-25 years) I liked both ranges (electric).  

Super Contributor

I have had a Jenn Air Electric Drop In range for 25 years & have no trouble, not even one repair call. 

When this one needs replaced I will get another Jenn Air. Also I really like the self cleaning oven.

Super Contributor

Have you started to look?  Because there are severe shortages of appliances. You may not have a choice

Our oven did not heat properly...electric...I found a local repair man...it was simply the heating element that had to be repaired.

Sadly, we have to be prepared that the choices we are used to are not going to be available...

Super Contributor

My old hotpoint clonked out on a Monday before Thanksgiving years ago.  A friend of

mine recommended Whirlpool Accubake.  If a cake says bake a cake 350 for 30 mins. It's done in 30 mins.  It's accurate.   

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I think Whirlpool owns Kitchenaid and JennAir now.  So many manufacturers have merged now!

Years ago had a JennAir - best stove I ever owned.  Own a GE when I moved here.  It's okay - oven works well.  It has five burners - one being just for warming.  There's one burner that has a large and small size option:  it's awful:  when on the small size, constantly overheats!  A friend who's in the "fix-it" business, says all makes of stoves with the large/small burner all do this.  

Also, think GE is owned or somehow paired up with the Chinese company Haier.  For a while GE stoves were made in China but believe manufacturing has been moved back here - think there were many problems them.  Can't be sure so you may want to research.