Esteemed Contributor

My daughter asked me what the difference is between these two creams.  I don't use a cream, so I don't know what the difference is --- but I knew where to go for help!!  Thank you, friends....

Respected Contributor

The ladies in the forum named "Beauty" could answer everything you need to know.

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

My daughter asked me what the difference is between these two creams.  I don't use a cream, so I don't know what the difference is --- but I knew where to go for help!!  Thank you, friends....

@nana59  BB stands for "Beauty Balm".  This product is supposed to be an all inclusive, primer, moisturizer, sunscreen, and foundation all in one.  Assorted brands will list what's included - some have more than what I've listed, likek special anti-aging ingredients, skincare, etc. The coverage is on the light to light-medium side.  A CC cream is the same thing only it adds "Color Correction".  The user selects a shade range and an ingredient in the product "reads" the user's skintone for a better match as they apply the product and rub it on.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@nana59  BB stands for "Beauty Balm".  This product is supposed to be an all inclusive, primer, moisturizer, sunscreen, and foundation all in one.  Assorted brands will list what's included - some have more than what I've listed, likek special anti-aging ingredients, skincare, etc. The coverage is on the light to light-medium side.  A CC cream is the same thing only it adds "Color Correction".  The user selects a shade range and an ingredient in the product "reads" the user's skintone for a better match as they apply the product and rub it on.  

Well, thanks, I didn't know all that! I thought it was just a gimmick being creams as usual.  Interesting.

Honored Contributor

I was happy with bareMinerals until I turned fifty.  Foundations tend to oxidize and turn me tangerine, so finding one that works is a challenge.  I saw a thread on Beauty Banter about Lumene BB cream and I tried it.  I liked it.  And then I tried their CC cream.  I don't think I'll ever go back to using foundation.

Here's a link for you to compare the two.

http://www.lumene.com/us/bb-cc

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

i agree with everything that's been said, but would like to add that in my experience cc creams are heavier than bb creams.

bb creams are more translucent and cc creams have more coverage.

Honored Contributor

I just looked at my Skinn CC cream-no spf listed??

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I just looked at my Skinn CC cream-no spf listed??

@Judaline  Which Skinn product are you acutally referring to?  

Contributor

Re: BB or CC Cream...

[ Edited ]

I'm in my mid fifties and tried both BB and

CC creams. I really like the IT CC cream. It covers very well as I found the BB cream did not give me the coverage I needed.