Valued Contributor

I am really ticked off! I just went on Martha Stewart's wine website because they sent me an email offering 40% off all wines and a free expensive air wine opener. So I spent 20 minutes selecting the wines to make up a case and then went to check out. Before they would let me get to the final page they required that I put in all personal and credit card information. I did that, then went to review my order. Half the wines were gone, and so was the expensive wine opener. At the top of the page it said "these items are not available".  Not only that, there were now 2 wines in my list that I had NOT put there!! Now they have all my personal info. I blocked the order because it was now at a lesser discount price because it was half of a case. Why even list wines that are not available? Shouldn't Martha have someone monitoring the website at all times to keep up with shifting inventory? The part I don't like is that now they have all my personal info. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ugh, I hate when things like that happen, @furbabylover. I know exactly what you mean, because I think I spent nearly an hour trying to order a ninja foodi from Bed, Bath and Beyond today. 

I am wondering if there was just so much traffic on the websites and thats why we had the troubles we had? 

Esteemed Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

I am really ticked off! I just went on Martha Stewart's wine website because they sent me an email offering 40% off all wines and a free expensive air wine opener. So I spent 20 minutes selecting the wines to make up a case and then went to check out. Before they would let me get to the final page they required that I put in all personal and credit card information. I did that, then went to review my order. Half the wines were gone, and so was the expensive wine opener. At the top of the page it said "these items are not available".  Not only that, there were now 2 wines in my list that I had NOT put there!! Now they have all my personal info. I blocked the order because it was now at a lesser discount price because it was half of a case. Why even list wines that are not available? Shouldn't Martha have someone monitoring the website at all times to keep up with shifting inventory? The part I don't like is that now they have all my personal info. 

@furbabylover  ..... Martha is a perfectionist & I am sure she would not be happy with what happened to you ...she doesn’t like having negative things associated with her name ... I would write directly to Martha & let her know what happened to you ... good luck 😃

Honored Contributor

@happycat - I tried and tried last night to access Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It would load halfway and stop. I was frustrated because it was the only site giving me problems. Today (early) I got right on. I guess it WAS heavy traffic!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

You gotta be fast when ordering special deals online. Sometimes they sell out in a matter of minutes.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

You gotta be fast when ordering special deals online. Sometimes they sell out in a matter of minutes.

@Porcelain exactly. And it's not 'bait & switch' - it's just items selling out super fast. It's that time of the year!

Valued Contributor

@furbabylover 

Maybe it was for the best. You will want to read the reviews about this. ConsumersAdvocate.org and other sites. Seems to be lacking CS and customers not receiving their wine.

Valued Contributor

@Ibby114  The thing is, Martha is STILL advertising all the same wines and the free wine opener as available on her site. At some point somebody on her staff should check this.

Valued Contributor

@Ibby114  I forgot to add, I have never had a website require credit card information BEFORE seeing your final cart.

Esteemed Contributor

I have gone to various websites, and put my items in my cart, go to check out, and I enter my credit card information.

Then when I get to the total page, sometimes I will have second thoughts about completing the purchase.

If I decide to not buy, I simply go back to the page where I typed in my credit card information, and simp!y erase it.

That way they don't have my information.

Besides, I don't think that they get that information anyway until the sale is complete.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.