Honored Contributor

Thank you for this thread, OP.  I haven't bought anything from Avon in at least 35 years. I went to the website & bought some things. Can't beat the prices, even compared to the drug stores.

I'll pass on the clothes I saw (though I didn't see all of them). I remember being pleased with their jewelry in the past. Didn't see much to my taste currently, but I dress differently now so wouldn't be looking at the same jewelry.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

To prove how strange I am, here's an Odyssey deodorant I've saved all these years just because I loved the scent so much! I just smelled it and it's heavenly!

IMG_0625.JPG

Respected Contributor

I order it online.

There are a few things I like, like a few of their lipsticks.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

I love Avon, I bought something every two weeks when there were ladies who sold it at work.  I do miss those little books and coming in and seeing my Avon bag of goodies on my desk.  Both of those ladies retired and ordering Avon online just didn't feel the same.  I don't know why.  The delivery is fast and everything comes nicely packaged.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have been ordering Avon for years from my friend, who is a rep.  Overall, very satisfied with their products.  Love their deodorant - Cool Confidence - Baby Powder scent and their Anew line.  I use the eye cream (two in one container) and recently bought the new Anew neck cream.  Also buy nail polish, eye liners, blush and things for the home.  Their fashion jewelry is very nice and holds up well.  Just received two pair of earrings - pretty and lightweight and only $7.99 each.     I remember those little sample tube of lipsticks when I was a child. 

Respected Contributor

I just recently found that one of the hairdressers at my local beauty shop sells Avon.  I was thrilled because I like to take my time looking at the brochures and have someone to show me real samples. 

My favorite scent would have to be Soft Musk...long discontinued, but I still have an old bottle that I like to sniff once in a while.  Brings back great memories of when my girls were little and the fun we had together.  

I really think Avon has always had superior products, but woman looked down on Avon because it wasn't from a big name department store. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've heard others say the same...Avon has nice fashion jewelry. Smiley Happy

@SilleeMee, that was interesting to hear.

Years & years ago, back when I worked in a restaurant, I dressed pretty flamboyantly, and some of the sweet ladies who were regular customers would gift me w/ jewelry that they thought I'd enjoy.

It was usually something they no longer wore that'd been sitting in their jewelry box....and the majority of it was either Avon or Sarah Coventry.

After all these years, out of all my costume jewelry, one particular necklace from Avon has always & still gets the most compliments. LOL!

Everyone is always shocked when I say "It's Avon."  Smiley Happy

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

As a kid, I loved to get those pins that opened to reveal a solid perfume!  That was so fun.  Also the little lipstick samples were cute.  I got a lot of the lip balms and the bubble bath in the pink wavy bottle. 

I swear by Skin so Soft.  Living in the humid south we are inundated with mosquitos and this protects me. I can see the mosquitos come close and then change directions when they smell it.  

I really like their Haiku scent but I don't know if they make that anymore. Their eyeliners are great. I don't remember what kind of skin care I used but it was nice.  I just ordered a catalog online so I can't wait to revisit it.

Esteemed Contributor

16 yrs ago, I saw an Avon lady outside my kitchen window. I called her into my house and purchased several hundred dollars worth of products - for myself and as gifts. She didn't have cologne samples --- so I bouight many. I still have several bottles of their cologne - that I'm still using. I like their sets -- cologne, deodorant, cream.

I just used up their Fantastique cologne - and they don't sell it anymore - Loved it.

I wouldn't purchase clothes, shoes or jewelry. Only colognes, makeup, creams. 

I shop on-line.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse, they are still selling Haiku - it was on their website. The only bummer about ordering online is no samples.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all