Trusted Contributor

Does anyone here still use it? When I went down to get the mail today I noticed a Avon book on the driveway. It has been at least 30 years since I have seen an Avon book. Wow, they sell everything now. Make-up naturally, nail polish, lotions, cremes, jewelry, clothes, shoes, handbags plus all the Mens cologne.

Would you buy clothes or shoes from Avon? I wonder what returns would be like.

Honored Contributor

For years, since I was about 14, I ADORED the scent "Cotillion" and bought it for years until I couldn't get it any longer. I can still almost smell it. Love's Baby Soft reminded me a lot of it when I found it years ago and wore that for a long time.k

They also had a stick/cream blush called, I think, Roses Roses and I loved it until they discontinued it. Sigh.

I wouldn't buy clothes or shoes from them, but when my DGDs were little I bought a few cute little pieces of costume jewelry for them.

Honored Contributor

At my complex there are 2 Avon ladies & 1 Mary Kay gal.  Both are racking up $$$$ as a side hustle.  They throw "parties" at least every other month.  At every party they hand out catalogues & leave a few in the lobby.

I don't purchase anything from Avon.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

For years, since I was about 14, I ADORED the scent "Cotillion" and bought it for years until I couldn't get it any longer. I can still almost smell it. Love's Baby Soft reminded me a lot of it when I found it years ago and wore that for a long time.k

They also had a stick/cream blush called, I think, Roses Roses and I loved it until they discontinued it. Sigh.

I wouldn't buy clothes or shoes from them, but when my DGDs were little I bought a few cute little pieces of costume jewelry for them.

@Love my grandkids  Oh, my goodness, you sure brought back memories when you mentioned Avon Cotillion.  Like you, I can still smell it.  I can just see that bottle with the pink top on the powder sachet.  I loved that and used to put it my lingerie drawers. I also liked and used 'Here's My Heart".  I wonder if we would still like it as memory plays tricks on me sometimes

Honored Contributor

Their bubble bath is the best. Bubbles don't fizzle out after 3 minutes.

Stays till you pull the plug. I buy that and their real dark red polish for toes

Honored Contributor

@lucymo Oh wow, my younger sister liked "Here's My Heart".

As a kid the Avon lady would come around give us those little bitty sample lipstick samples and we were in hog heaven! Amazingly, my mom actually let us wear it (in the house only)!

Respected Contributor

Actually Avon has a very nice skin care line.  My friend is an Avon lady and on my birthday would always throw some Avon skin products in my birthday bag.  I was impressed with some of the skin care products she gave me. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Their bubble bath is the best. Bubbles don't fizzle out after 3 minutes.

Stays till you pull the plug. I buy that and their real dark red polish for toes

@SharkE  A good laugh.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@lucymo Oh wow, my younger sister liked "Here's My Heart".

As a kid the Avon lady would come around give us those little bitty sample lipstick samples and we were in hog heaven! Amazingly, my mom actually let us wear it (in the house only)!

@Love my grandkids  I remember those lipsticks too.  We'd use a whole one , just keep layering it on.  As I recall, they had good lipstick at very reasonable sale prices.

Honored Contributor

I used to buy bottles of their bubble bath when on sale, as well as several colors of lipgloss and eyeliner.  Still love their silicone glove hand lotion.   I loved several colors of their nail polish, but the girl who does my pedicures didn't like the polish because it was so thin and streaked on my toenails.