Honored Contributor

Re: 🚗 Auto Insurance Co *REFUNDS* 👍🏾

I just checked my Texas Farm Bureau web site and their big banner for Covid-19 is they are still here for us!!  You can still file a claim or pay your premium online.  What an absolute relief that is.  It is good of the companies trying to help even if is not a large refund.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac 

My friend has USAA and posted this on Facebook so for anyone who has car insurance with that company:

USAA is set to return $520 million to its members for driving less during the COVID-19 shelter-in-place orders. The company said in a statement that the payment is a result of data showing members driving less during the "Stay Home, Work Safe" orders across the country. Every member with an auto insurance policy in effect as of March 31, 2020 will receive a 20% credit on two months of premiums in the coming weeks.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

I heard Geico is doing this, too.  I'll believe it when I see it.  My car just sits in my parking space for days on end.  

Valued Contributor

@SharkE   Travelers has launched the Stay-at-Home Auto Premium Credit Program, which will automatically give U.S. personal auto insurance customers a 15% credit on their April and May premiums.  Customers who pay by monthly installments will receive the automatic credit on future bills. Customers who have already paid their billing account in full will receive a direct payment. They are working with regulators to obtain all the necessary approvals.

Honored Contributor

@judy0330 wrote:

@SharkE   Travelers has launched the Stay-at-Home Auto Premium Credit Program, which will automatically give U.S. personal auto insurance customers a 15% credit on their April and May premiums.  Customers who pay by monthly installments will receive the automatic credit on future bills. Customers who have already paid their billing account in full will receive a direct payment. They are working with regulators to obtain all the necessary approvals.

Good to know we pay ours all at one time.

Honored Contributor

@PickyCindy wrote:

I heard Geico is doing this, too.  I'll believe it when I see it.  My car just sits in my parking space for days on end.  

COVID-19: Announcing The GEICO Giveback credit for our policyholders
Dear xxxxx,
As part of GEICO's ongoing efforts to assist customers during this unprecedented time, we are announcing The GEICO Giveback which provides a 15 percent credit to all auto and motorcycle customers as policies come up for renewal, between April 8, 2020 and October 7, 2020. This credit will also apply to any new policies purchased during this period as part of our commitment to protecting the wellbeing of our customers.
Current customers can expect to see the credit when they renew. Customers do not need to take any action to receive this credit.
The credits are expected to average $150 per auto policy and $30 per motorcycle policy. With roughly 18 million auto policies and 1 million motorcycle policies in force, we are proudly providing a total benefit of approximately $2.5 billion to our customers.
Last month, we announced that we're pausing cancellations of coverage due to non-payment or policy expiration through April 30, 2020 or later as directed by your state. Beyond that, we are committed to offering maximum flexibility to policyholders who need special payment options. And to ensure you continue to receive the 24/7 service you've come to expect, we've also transitioned nearly all of our associates to work from home.
Thank you for being part of the GEICO family. We value you and your business, and want to continue providing excellent support. We will continue to keep you updated.
Sincerely,
Todd Combs, President and CEO
You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

Got a letter from American Family today that I will be getting $50

THANK YOU!!!

Regular Contributor

I heard that on the news today and Im sure that Grange, which is my Insurance wont do that! They are greedy and have just raised my car ins sky high!

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!
Respected Contributor

My car insurance went down when I stopped working and had much lower miles driven per month/year. This may be something that's regulated by your state, and the "generous" insurance company giving a 15% discount to a driver who goes from 500 to 5 mlies per week may be the one getting the break.

It makes sense to look into the rules to know whether you're getting a fair shake.

Honored Contributor

have not heard anything from ERIE insurance.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein