Honored Contributor

Re: 🚗 Auto Insurance Co *REFUNDS* 👍🏾

they will fall in line, don't worry, if not it will look bad

Honored Contributor

finally got this from ERIE INSURANCE, although it is kind of vague about the amount. i AM liking this news about gift card coverage!

Erie Insurance Announces $200 Million in Personal and Commercial Auto Rate Cuts to Provide Financial Relief to Customers

April 9, 2020 – 12:15 p.m.

After careful consideration, ERIE has decided that lowering personal and commercial auto rates would be the best option for providing additional relief to our Customers. We estimate the total rate reduction impact to be approximately $200 million throughout the 12 states and District of Columbia where ERIE operates.

While ERIE’s pricing philosophy has always centered on providing exceptional protection and service at the lowest possible cost, lowering rates during this challenging time is simply the right thing to do. Pending regulatory approval, rate changes will vary by state and will be based on individually purchased policies and coverage options. Once approved, premium adjustments will take effect at the time of renewal.

The rate reductions announced today are in addition to the relief ERIE is already providing to thousands of Customers, including individualized payment flexibility, paramedical exam waivers for life insurance applicants and philanthropic support to COVID-19 rapid response funds across our communities.

Gift Card and Gift Certificate Reimbursement Coverage

Pending regulatory approval in several states, Erie Insurance is adding gift card and gift certificate reimbursement coverage to the company’s ErieSecure Home® policies. The additional feature, included at no additional cost, would reimburse Customers for remaining balances on gift cards that can no longer be used at independently owned and operated local businesses due to business closures. There is no requirement that the business be insured by ERIE. While the additional protection was introduced to help promote buying new gift cards to help small businesses with their cash flows while they are closed, it is not a temporary addition and will become part of ERIE’s base ErieSecure Home policies.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Well I  surprised!  I just got this email from my Farmers Insurance  agent a few minutes ago:

Farmers is applying a 25% discount to all of our auto insurance customers' April payments. If you have auto insurance with Farmers and have already made your April payment, this discount will be applied to the remaining balance of your term.

I just sent in my April payment in full...wonder if they will send me a check?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have All State and every month I get a direct deposit made into my account for $39 and change. My sister has State Farm and were told they would get 25% back but she hasn't seen anything. I told her maybe upon renewal.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 I posted the question on my agents FB page and he called me.

If you haven't paid the full amount for your renewal, the credit will show up on the next bill.

I was able to go into my bank bill pay and change the amount from the full premium to half and supposedly the credit will show up on the next bill they send me.

If I weren't able to change it, then it wouldn't show up as a credit until January when it renews again......I guess they don't like writing checks

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter  No they don't! 

I bought a required renter's policy when I thought I was moving, it got cancelled the next day, and I had to actually dispute it with my credit card company and show them the emails I had with my agent confirming I had no policy and was due a refund to get my money back.  Thank goodness I paid via credit card and could do that with them and not SF. 

It's just not okay to not do a simple refund when due especially when your long time customer has been alive and with you longer than the agent's rep.