Respected Contributor

Has anyone noticed an increase in auto delivery order cancellations?

I have been ordering Wakaya ginger and turmeric tea from HSN for years and just yesterday I received an email saying the product is no longer available. I do understand that products come and go but when the item airs at a later date for a higher price then I start to question the cancellations. I had several items cancelled by QVC for the same reason. Fortunately, the tea is still selling Wakaya's website but for a much higher price.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Auto Delivery Cancellations

Yes, my Heartland Fresh Chicken strips, which were on AD, were suddenly cancelled with no notice. I use them up, knowing that my next order will be on the way...not!!! I was very angry. 

Honored Contributor

That’s why many auto deliveries now have a limited time of two years. I can see if a vendor gets locked in to a price for too many years, they can end up losing money as the cost of the product goes up but the price to the buyer stays the same.
Regular Contributor

Same with me about the Heartland Chicken Strips.  First, I got a notice that they were out of stock and QVC was waiting to get more in stock.  Then the plan was cancelled.  Very disappointed.  

Occasional Contributor

I understand about the price increases, but they could surely give us a little notice before the plan ends abruptly 

Honored Contributor

Actually I have cancelled a couple of my auto deliveries. I find if I have too many it’s hard to keep track of them. I try to limit myself to two.

Respected Contributor

@shoppinmom1 wrote:

I understand about the price increases, but they could surely give us a little notice before the plan ends abruptly 

I totally agree @shoppinmom1 there should have been more notice...then customers can order to ensure I don't run out.

Respected Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
That’s why many auto deliveries now have a limited time of two years. I can see if a vendor gets locked in to a price for too many years, they can end up losing money as the cost of the product goes up but the price to the buyer stays the same.

I think it's more of an issue when you get a good product and all of a sudden you receive an email that the future shipments are cancelled. I do see where a lot of the QVC auto deliveries are limited and some are only a couple of shipments.

Honored Contributor

I suppose it’s also possible that it’s the vendor who decides not to renew their contract with QVC to supply product.
Honored Contributor

I think it is the new management analyzing programs and coming to different conclusions on profitability.