Honored Contributor

Re: At what length do you stop (or never start) reading discussions here?

[ Edited ]

I have become more selective which discussions to read.  I dont read as many as I used to.  I dont mind people posting their opinions but when they become mean, nasty and down right horrible I quit reading right from the beginning. 

However, that dont always work, some times I see a post and cant help responding.  But Im working on that too.

Lengthy posts lose my attention.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I stop at page 4 unless it's an appliance review. I get my best information from the fourms and Consumer Reports. I have dogs and health issues so I read the different topics in between taking medication and putting the dogs out and in for the morning routine. I find it relaxing to see the pictures that are posted or tidbits of information about the programs or products.  

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 

Omg!   Yes.  The pictures.  Someone post 25 pictures for reasons that I cannot begin to understand, subsequest posts feel they need to re-post the same 25 pictures...as if only they saw the oringing post...LOL   

Esteemed Contributor

How many posts per page do y'all have your preferences set to show?

I believe the default is 10 so at the time of this posting that would be 2 pages.  I have mine set to 25 posts per page so I'm still on page 1.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

I was a picture a holic . Now I make the much smaller and use them less often unless I am in a thread that specifically calls for them. I think I am cured. 😬🤣

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Personally after a discussion reaches 10 pages long it seems to have either gotten off topic or become a private conversation between a handful of people.  I do not want to go through hundreds of posts to get caught up or feel like intruding on these discussions.  I will just pass over them, how about you.

@CrazyDaisy 

For me, it is more about content than length. If the concersation takes a negative turn at post two, I may be done  Ten pages of great conversation is worth the time.

Honored Contributor

Whenever I find myself tuning out.

That can happen at the thread title, 2 sentences in or 10 pages in.

Respected Contributor

It really depends.

Sometimes I never make it beyond the OP, particularly if it's all one long, run-on paragraph. Say what you have to say and be done. 

Sometimes I'll make it a little further along, dependent on the responses and the discussion. 

Once the multi-quotes start, there are lots of pics included or it goes off topic, I'm done. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

2-3 pages, unless it is extremely interesting or useful.

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Personally after a discussion reaches 10 pages long it seems to have either gotten off topic or become a private conversation between a handful of people.  I do not want to go through hundreds of posts to get caught up or feel like intruding on these discussions.  I will just pass over them, how about you.

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

How many posts per page do y'all have your preferences set to show?

I believe the default is 10 so at the time of this posting that would be 2 pages.  I have mine set to 25 posts per page so I'm still on page 1.

@Marp 

I have mine set for the maxiumum, whatever that is. Probably 25.