Esteemed Contributor

At the risk of "challenging moderator" I have a question for Susan?

Re: Posters who resort to name calling
Options
‎10-12-2015 09:32 AM

Moved: http://community.qvc.com/t5/Deleted-Posts/Re-Posters-who-resort-to-name-calling/m-p/2209765#U2209765
This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind and unnecessary.

I don't understand why this thread was shut down. There was nothing here but an exchange of opinions totally relevant to these forums. We get that trash talking vendor and hosts, posting about politics and religion are no-go, but what's the problem with discussing this topic?

Not really spoiling for a fight here. It's just that we try to follow your rules, but they seem to be pretty arbitrary and open to wide interpretation by moderators. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Re: At the risk of "challenging moderator" I have a question for Susan?

I wish I thought it would work, but I agree with the moderator that there's no chance for the discussion to remain civil.

I's explain why I believe this way, but I tick off so many posters that it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It is in "Suggestion Box" now.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I visited this thread, it was clear some were starting to use the thread for their own purpose. It is too bad that people can't stay on topic for things like that and not try to make it about getting another dig or two on certain individuals, groups, vendors, hosts, etc..

I guess I don't understand what you want the mods to say besides what they already have said, which is that it was removed due to unkind comments according to their interpretation. You may not agree but it is their board and their interpretation is all that matters.

With that said, they aren't very consistent as I've certainly seen MUCH more unkind posts that are still up to this day but I whatever. It is their board and I may not like it but will have to accept it if I want to continue with the board.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze

I totally agree with all of your rational and reasoned post. My question really is about how to follow rules when they're not exactly clear. As I said, some are obvious, but others, I just don't get.

When the post was shut down there was no notification that it had been moved to another forum. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It said right on it that it was moved to "suggestion box" What is so hard to understand here?

mm

A post can be removed and the thread may be shut down, also a difference here.

Respected Contributor

Because it wasnt just moved..it now has a "lock" on it....and many posts were removed...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
@Mothertrucker wrote:

Because it wasnt just moved..it now has a "lock" on it....and many posts were removed...

Well, O.K. then, Have a great day!

mm

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

When I just checked, the thread was not "locked".

Honored Contributor

Not quite on gardensla's original topic, but I'm wondering why the recent threads about movies were moved but the tv show threads stay here.  I don't care but it is inconsistent.