Super Contributor

They actually have a kiosk set up if you want to get the vaccine.  Smiley Surprised  I have to wonder if they are qualified to administer meds. The person I saw looked like he was hired off the street. No badge stating if they were a nurse. 

Super Contributor

You should haved inquired. I'm sure they would be happy to give you their credentials.

Super Contributor

Did you ask to see a badge/credentials?  Maybe they were tucked into a pocket or something.  I'd be surprised if non-qualified people were administering vaccines.

There is a big push to remove all obstacles to getting vaccinated, by going door-to-door in some areas, providing product to PCPs, allowing drop-ins at phamacies, etc., so I'm not surprised you'd see something at the mall, given the fact that more and more people are shopping in brick & mortar stores again.

A far cry from just a few months ago, when you had to scour a dozen websites to find an appointment 50 miles from home.

Honored Contributor

You need not be an RN to give an injection.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

That's the latest idea - to put vaccine clinics where people work so they can stop by anytime and not have to miss a part of their day.  I suppose shoppers can also stop by the kiosk, but they are not the primary target.  (And there aren't many mall shoppers anyway.)

Honored Contributor

@bcherry01  In states that are under vaccinated, you can now get vaccinated just about anywhere, including your own hone!  In my state/county, the vaccine po-po & vaccine mobile units are going door to door. Smiley LOL

Should have been like this from the very get go.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac   would have been convenient, but it wouldn't have been nearly as efficient as bothering hundreds or thousands of people at one site for one day

would be good for all of us if this more random process tamps down the virus.  Glad I have mine, but just having it doesn't make me happy to return to lots of the indoor activities that were once the major part of my out of the house life.  So far, I just spend more time walking where I feel safe.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

That's the latest idea - to put vaccine clinics where people work so they can stop by anytime and not have to miss a part of their day.  I suppose shoppers can also stop by the kiosk, but they are not the primary target.  (And there aren't many mall shoppers anyway.)

Don't know where you live but our malls are packed. I went to Scottsdale Fashion Square a couple of weeks ago and by noon it was wall to wall people. The one near my house is also packed any day, any time. They look like the day after Thanksgiving.

Super Contributor

@ChillyTulip wrote:

You should haved inquired. I'm sure they would be happy to give you their credentials.

Was not interested in the "service."

Super Contributor

@Calgal2too wrote:

Did you ask to see a badge/credentials?  Maybe they were tucked into a pocket or something.  I'd be surprised if non-qualified people were administering vaccines.

There is a big push to remove all obstacles to getting vaccinated, by going door-to-door in some areas, providing product to PCPs, allowing drop-ins at phamacies, etc., so I'm not surprised you'd see something at the mall, given the fact that more and more people are shopping in brick & mortar stores again.

A far cry from just a few months ago, when you had to scour a dozen websites to find an appointment 50 miles from home.

Nope.  Wasn't interested in being injected.