Honored Contributor

At Least 162 killed ....more missing at Myanmar Jade Mine....

A landslide at the mine in Hpakant, Myanmar.  deadly mining practices in this region with $31 Billion dollar Jade industry... failure to curb reckless, large scale , illegal and irresponsible mining by the government there.  

we rarely think of the poor hard working people who work under dire conditions  to give us the beautiful jewelry we buy and wear. 🙁

Honored Contributor

Re: At Least 162 killed ....more missing at Myanmar Jade Mine....

Very, very sad.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

A landslide at the mine in Hpakant, Myanmar.  deadly mining practices in this region with $31 Billion dollar Jade industry... failure to curb reckless, large scale , illegal and irresponsible mining by the government there.  

we rarely think of the poor hard working people who work under dire conditions  to give us the beautiful jewelry we buy and wear. 🙁

I really wish we consumers were privy to more of what goes on behind the scenes in bringing our jewelry to market. All the bad is hidden from us. I love and treasure my jade but I have to wonder what happened to all of those people along the supply chain. 

Honored Contributor

It is sad.  Brutal.  People seeking a living anyway they can.  I am thinking of the families they leave behind.   It is times like this that gives me great pause and truly appreciate the small things in life, and everyingI have

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Very sad and tragic event. Condolences and thoughts to everyone connected to this world tragedy.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)