Valued Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Love4cats I so feel for you and totally get what you're saying. I too have battled depression and anxiety issues most of my life with meds not helping much.  Also deal with the ignorance of close relatives who don't understand and tell me if I just "stay busy" and try harder to get my mind off my worries, it will all be better.  smh

I am sorry you too are dealing with anxiety and depression. I really think many more people than anyone knows deals with these issue's everyday. I am using Celexa for depression and Buspar for anxiety and they do work to an extent, but I still have bad days or even weeks. Take care and be good to yourself.

Valued Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

This is spoken with love and compassion, not to simplify this terrible disease.

Some people have found love and comfort from therapy animals, I understand.  Of course, some folks might benefit and some not.

Just a small thought, not to demean, but to be helpful.

@PamfromCT I think there is definately something to be said about having a cat or dog to love and care for. They give us unconditional love and I think they can sense when we are having a bad day. I have 4 rescue kitty's that I love so much, they make me smile everyday and keep me busy. They are indoor kitty's but during good weather 2 love to go out in the yard with my DH and me, so they keep me very busy, which I need.

Trusted Contributor

I have never been a fan of Ashley Judd, but I can now see why her hostile demeanor she has had for so long probably stems from dealing with the challenges of her mothers's mental illness. They say suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do....it ends the person's suffering, but leaves survivors to deal with heartache, trauma, and the fallout of whatever prompted the suicide. They leave children and other loved ones behind....and many carry the pain forever. I pray Ashley and Winona can eventually come to terms with this tragic event they have both suffered and continue with their careers. They are both so talented.

Trusted Contributor

Naomi was very upset at the things Ashley wrote in her autobiography.

Trusted Contributor

That doesn't surprise me.I am sure her biography had some harsh and bitter words,

Honored Contributor

I wonder if people are buying Ashley's book now to read what she had to say.  I have no idea as I've never read it.  

Didn't Naomi write a book about her own mother and upbringing?  Or at least speak about it publicly?

It's an all around awful situation.  Both girls were raised by a mother who suffered severe mental illness.  That had to have been a-w-f-u-l. 

You can't discount anything the girls may say or have said about their past history with their mother.  Naomi may've seemed lovely and loving to us, but the daughters lived what we didn't see.

Perhaps it helped Naomi to unload her own horrors of her childhood and maybe it helped Ashley, too.  Can anyone dispute her stories to be untrue?

I think Wynona had issues with her mother, also.  

Not doubting that the love wasn't there, but it was complicated and cruel at the same time, I believe.