Esteemed Contributor

Naomi Judd must have had access to many therapists, medications, but apparently nothing worked. What is suppose to be done if everything is tried but the person still doesn't recover from depression? I have no answers, no one does. Sometimes highly qualified therapists and psychologists don't know what to do. 

Some situations just can't be changed, and it's sad. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

I was appalled when I read that Naomi killed herself the day before the Judds induction.

Who is the real victim(s) here? The question must be asked.

If nothing else, this shows how dangerous it is to live your life with a victim mentality, both for you and your loved ones.

God bless Wynonna, she's tough as a pine knot.

I hope so Boop... @BoopOMatic... She's had a few tough times along the way too, but so far, she's persevered...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@QVCalm wrote:
Ashley wrote a telling book saying her childhood & upbringing was not positive due to Naomi's choices.

Wynonna had a difficult time growing-up.
She had a different bio father that Naomi would not even omit she owned the fact.
Ashley said she would reveal that fact and would name the bio father if Naomi would not do so.

Both daughters seemed to live under a lot of CONTROL, with their mother, in many areas of their life....read their accounts and review their interviews.

FINAL THOUGHTS: leave a legacy of trauma and a permanent CONTROL.
And, do so right before a joint award with Naomi & Wynonna, to cancel the new tour, to select this self-murder with inviting Ashley into the house---- and as a final punishment all this near Mother's Day.
Naomi had all this planned-out. JMHO
Too many events and so many reasons.

The timing and details are a bit suspect, I agree and you might have a valid perspective. Regardless, there's no need for others to judge you as harshly as they're saying not to judge Naomi. Double standards run rampant on these boards. The woman had serious problems, which was sad, as was the outcome, but NONE of us is ever going to know what went through her mind during her final hours just as none of us is ever going to know what treatments were and were not sought out.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@RedTop : Condolences for your loss. My Uncle was diagnosed with cancer two years after my Mother and his sister died of cancer. He had several treatments and dealing with depression after hospital stay and returned home shot himself. Family thought they had removed all guns from the house and property. My Dad died when I was 22 months old and all of my grand fathers had died before I was born. This uncle lived in the same town with us . I had a few older male cousins but lived in different states. This Uncle was the only one that provided love and support like a father. Suicide and mental issues heartbreak and grief for everyone. Relieved that you were able to find peace.🤗♥️

Trusted Contributor

This may have already been posted but CMT will air a memorial Sunday, 5/15 at 6pm EST in memory of Naomi.

Depression is a demon.   I've experienced it.   I've been the person that doesn't want to leave the couch and doing anything from showering, shopping or going to work is a chore beyond belief.

If you have a loved one who is suffering.  It's not just having a bad day.  Be there for them, listen to them, let them know they have support.  Even with her loved ones, Naomi couldn't fight it.  But many have no one, so be there for your friends and family.   When a person feels lost and feels no one cares, that is beyond loneliness.

Valued Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/video/ashley-judd-speaks-mothers-passing-84666410 

~~~~~~~~~~~

WOW!   @Ainhisg  ... @goldensrbest   Thank you for initiating this thread, & providing the webpage.

Rest is peace & love.., Ms Naomi

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Valued Contributor

@Black Cat Back wrote:

This may have already been posted but CMT will air a memorial Sunday, 5/15 at 6pm EST in memory of Naomi.

. . .  < snip > . . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
@Black Cat Back  THANK YOU for this information!! 

Valued Contributor

The "age old question" ...  "Does suicide take 'courage' or "cowardice."

My guess is.. none of us here, & now,  will ever really know.. perhaps, nobody will ever really know. 

And to that end, .... does it really matter?   

Whether it's "suicidal courage," or "suicidal cowardice," .. both require *our* own special kind of courage.... our own courageous gift of our "shared 'compassion,'" .... even if  "understanding" .. continues to elude us...for all time..

Respected Contributor

@QVCalm wrote:
Ashley wrote a telling book saying her childhood & upbringing was not positive due to Naomi's choices.

Wynonna had a difficult time growing-up.
She had a different bio father that Naomi would not even omit she owned the fact.
Ashley said she would reveal that fact and would name the bio father if Naomi would not do so.

Both daughters seemed to live under a lot of CONTROL, with their mother, in many areas of their life....read their accounts and review their interviews.

FINAL THOUGHTS: leave a legacy of trauma and a permanent CONTROL.
And, do so right before a joint award with Naomi & Wynonna, to cancel the new tour, to select this self-murder with inviting Ashley into the house---- and as a final punishment all this near Mother's Day.
Naomi had all this planned-out. JMHO
Too many events and so many reasons.

@QVCalm, Many years have passed since Naomi had control over the girls. Both women had full careers with no involvement from Naomi. Wynonna is 57 with grown children and Ashley 54. All of them have had therapy apart and together.

As far as inviting Ashley to the house Naomi has said in interviews that she often walked to Ashley's house for comfort when feeling unstable. She said she was closer to Ashley because they were very much alike.

She also said that she and Wynonna had a difficult relationship and at times it was difficult to be on stage with her. They had to work on their relationship on going and when not performing were frequently estranged during down times needing a break from one another. There was a willingness to share the difficulties and her own thoughts regarding her depression. She loved them and they her and all were willing to work with the dysfunction and drama to maintain their relationship. They had a family saying that they put the fun in dysfunction.

We will never really know but I suspect her actions were more about freeing herself than punishing her daughters. I think the upcoming tour and realizing that she wasn't up to it may have played a part too.

Regular Contributor

Suicide is not always about courage or cowardice.  Perhaps she felt she was a burden on her family and wished to free them from it.  I hope it brings them peace to know she is now finally at peace and they can begin the healing process.