Super Contributor

Re: Arias deliberations Thurs 3/5

On 3/7/2015 scotttie said:
On 3/7/2015 Cakers1 said:

So you believe she should now have death threats?? We can over extend this discussion forever - and it will always boil down to who wants Jodi dead and who doesn't.

Cakers, did Susie say she should have death threats?

scottie: I'm asking the question. I don't see it as saying Susie ever said that. Nobody is answering the unjust way this juror is being target, though. She has police protection right now FTLOG.

And again, the juror did mention her husband being imprisoned. Another fact that is being ignored. It doesn't fit the agenda here.

Honestly I don't give a flying fig if one wants the DP or does not; my opinion is mine and I can justify it just as well as anyone who approves of it.

Lots of unstable people out there; and do YOU seriously want Jodi murdered in jail?

Because there are posts that indicate she should receive jailhouse justice.

These are questions for discussion, not accusations.

You said "so you believe now she should have death threats??" That's not a fair question if Susie never said anything of the kind. When responding in quotes, I don't think it is fair to put words in people's mouths. I think the fair thing is to respond to what they actually said.

I know what I said, scottie. It's right up there in b&w. What I consider a question you consider an accusation. We are not going to see this the same way.

I can't be responsible for how somebody interprets how I worded that statement.

I do the best I can to express myself.

{#emotions_dlg.bored}

Respected Contributor

I never said posters HERE were making death threats against the juror. Just because I refuse to recognize the DP as a valid form of punishment doesn't mean I'm misquoting posters ftlog.

I said the juror is under police protection because she is receiving death threats - meaning in her community (or beyond) NOT BY POSTERS ON THE QVC FORUM.

Calm down already and actually READ what I am saying.

Cakers, I have a great deal of respect for you and so, this will be my last post today on the subject. It does appear that you are the one who appears need calming and to read carefully what others say and not put words in their mouths.

((hugs))

Super Contributor

On 3/7/2015 terrier3 said:
<br class="quote_author" />

If the juroractually did "withhold" evidence, that will be dealt with...but I doubt she did. It sounds more likely that the right questions weren't asked - that's on the prosecutor, bot the juror.

I imagine there were at least one or two jurors who went in pre-determined to give her the DP too...it goes both ways, IMO.

Absolutely. It is foolish to assume that every juror was absolutely open-minded about Jodi's punishment. This case was all over the news for how long???

If posters here have been crying for the DP since day one, does anybody really believe that all jurors where entering with a tabula rasa state of mind?

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/7/2015 SusieQ_2 said:

It appears that just as Jodi was obsessed with Travis...and wanted to inflict maximum pain on him for rejecting her...

Some trial watchers are now obsessed with Jodi and the hold out juror - and want to inflict maximum punishment on them!

I don't know who you are referring to Terrier, but to say "some trial watchers" are interested in finding out why a person would withhold information to be on a jury seems reasonable to me.

As far as being "just as obsessed as Jodi was with Travis," are you saying that someone has hunted her down, stabbed her 27 times, slit her throat from ear to ear, and shot her in the head?" Because that's how obsessed Jodi was, and surely you wouldn't be suggesting that.

Obsessed with seeing her get the DP, in spite of TWO juries failing to agree to that...

and reliving and rewriting about the murder (as if ANY murder isn't gruesome and horrible!)...

Yes, that sounds like an obsession to me.

If she actually did "withhold" evidence, that will be dealt with...but I doubt she did. It sounds more likely that the right questions weren't asked - that's on the prosecutor, bot the juror.

I imagine there were at least one or two jurors who went in pre-determined to give her the DP too...it goes both ways, IMO.

Then maybe you need you ears checked, or perhaps grab a mirror and look at your own reflection next time you think obsession is ringing in your ears.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely. It is foolish to assume that every juror was absolutely open-minded about Jodi's punishment. This case was all over the news for how long???

If posters here have been crying for the DP since day one, does anybody really believe that all jurors where entering with a tabula rasa state of mind?

Cakers1 - I think we both agree there is a reason it's so difficult to get the DP...it shouldn't be done out of spite, or anger, or revenge. It takes agreement among 12 individuals...any one can change the outcome. The system worked as it should.

I think that justice was served...

Honored Contributor

There's the start of movement towards abolishing the death penalty. It would speed up justice and save a great deal of money. It's time.

Honored Contributor

On 3/7/2015 tansy said:

There's the start of movement towards abolishing the death penalty. It would speed up justice and save a great deal of money. It's time.

Agreed!

Super Contributor

Cakers1 - I think we both agree there is a reason it's so difficult to get the DP...it shouldn't be done out of spite, or anger, or revenge. It takes agreement among 12 individuals...any one can change the outcome. The system worked as it should.

terrier: Agree. And that's what we see most times - revenge. As I said earlier, I don't care who agrees with the DP or not - but I do cringe because something else drives a person to demand-yes, demand-death to another human being - be it in the judicial system or anywhere else.

Again, jmo.

Super Contributor

I never said posters HERE were making death threats against the juror. Just because I refuse to recognize the DP as a valid form of punishment doesn't mean I'm misquoting posters ftlog.

I said the juror is under police protection because she is receiving death threats - meaning in her community (or beyond) NOT BY POSTERS ON THE QVC FORUM.

Calm down already and actually READ what I am saying.

Cakers, I have a great deal of respect for you and so, this will be my last post today on the subject. It does appear that you are the one who appears need calming and to read carefully what others say and not put words in their mouths.

((hugs))

scottie: calm as a cucumber here. I'm not the one putting out misinformation about this juror and I linked a back up to what I claimed.

Again, how I express myself may not always appear as it really is but as someone who was really hurt the other day by a twist of my words (and ended up losing a person I used to like posting with on some subjects by her own decision, not mine) I really don't like being accused of the same.

Anyway, {{{hugs}}} back at you. It's a very volatile subject but at least it's been overall a good one.Smile

Honored Contributor

terrier: Agree. And that's what we see most times - revenge. As I said earlier, I don't care who agrees with the DP or not - but I do cringe because something else drives a person to demand-yes, demand-death to another human being - be it in the judicial system or anywhere else.

Again, jmo.

When my friend was murdered by two teens he had invited into the rectory (he was making them dinner because they said they were cold and hungry)...

His friends and his family were distraught. I couldn't go to the trial or read about it...it took me YEARS (like about 10) to read the book his brother wrote about the crime.

But we knew that revenge or attempting to "get even" with the teens was futile...Father Joe would have given them the last penny he had...no questions asked...and would have forgiven them too. Killing them would never bring him back.

We are just trying to be the kind of guy Father Joe was by forgiving the two - the best tribute to his memory.

Travis was beloved by his friends and family too - he was a very special, caring person. In his name they need to forgive - it will bring them to a much better place, IMO.