Honored Contributor

Re: Are your adult children living at home?

No, all 3 are out of the house and gainfully employed.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

She's the same.  Another refusal by her primary doctor for pain medication. 

We have an appt. with the rheumatologist again next month.

I have never felt so helpless.  Thanks for asking!

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003

I am so sorry to read your response.  I cannot imagine how painful and frustrating this is for the both of you. 

Respected Contributor

Not right now, no. But, my son is coming back next month. 

My daughter had moved out years ago. Moved back in. Then moved back out and got married and started her family. That was a whirlwind all in itself. Finally - I guess it was time to settle down!

My garage will one day be filled with just my husbands and my stuff ... there is always hope... 😉!

-Texas Hill Country-
Super Contributor

Super Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

She's the same.  Another refusal by her primary doctor for pain medication. 

We have an appt. with the rheumatologist again next month.

I have never felt so helpless.  Thanks for asking!

Hyacinth

I feel for you! My mother has RA and fibromyalgia and has bouts of pain. I hope your daughter receives an accurate diagnosis and a good, comprehensive treatment plan that employs multiple means to address her particular issue. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well with the very high cost of rent now a days I can certainly understand why kids need to stay at home.Even those who are working can't pay the rents these days without multiple room mates so they stay at home.

Trusted Contributor

No, both sons are married with children and have good jobs.  I sometimes envy the

families with adult kids coming back to live.  I miss our sons a lot. 

I also think it is great when people have multi-generational homes that work out well.  I would love that.  I feel fortunate that I love both of my daughters-in-law

very much.  We are still living in the large home that both of our sons grew up in--

Both of our sons and families live in cities.

Honored Contributor

I have three children, the oldest, a girl lived at home until she got married at age 30.

The middle child, a son, joined the military soon after HS.  Four years later he came home with a pregnant wife and they lived with us until my son finished his education and found a job.   I was bummed out when they moved with my granddaughter into their own home.

Five years later, the middle child moved back home with wife and two children for about a year while their new home was being built,

My youngest, a son, lived at home until he was 35.  He moved into a huge home with 5 bedrooms and lives there alone.

I am of Italian decent,  it is a mortal sin for kids to move out of their parents home before they are married.  LOL in Italy, there are many single men still living with Mama well into their 40, 50's and beyond,

Valued Contributor

This ridiculously high statistic is scare tactics by a certain news channel. I am in NYC and educated millennials have their choice of jobs. Rents are absurd though so that may contribute to them staying home longer. All the kids I work with have roommates. Not their parents 

Esteemed Contributor

My kids are in their 30s and have been out of the house and on their own since they were 19. (My daughter is married, my son is not yet).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles