Trusted Contributor

Re: Are you now NOT eating out?

@Goldengate8361 

We ate out last night. Had reservations because it's usually very busy. There were a few people at the bar & probably not even 5 tables of customers. I noticed takeout orders lined up on the counter. I was more conscious of things- like not using the salt/pepper shakers. Who knows if those get cleaned. I used my hand sanitizer a few times while there. 

We eat out monthly with a group of people. That dinner is this weekend. I'm waiting to see if everyone else is still going. DH & I are probably close to the youngest in the group. Most of them are retired. Probably a good idea to cancel even though we have no reported cases in my county. 

Honored Contributor

I don't eat out during flu season so I sure won't go now.The workers don't get sick pay and many will work even if not well.They have bills to pay.

Honored Contributor

We hardly ever eat out but last week or so we all went to our favorite Middle Eastern restaurant.  I actually started a thread about it.

Of course we had our hand sanitizers but it was about being all together and relaxing and just being family.

Right now DS and family are self-quarantined (not from a diagnosis) and while I miss them terribly it's better to miss them for a few days than miss DS forever.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

We eat out for lunch, or bring in take out, just about all the time. 

But right now, we're staying home. I'm not the world's best, or imaginative cook and I get no enjoyment from it. 

But we won't starve. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I'm going antiquing  today & will eat out...I don't  eat out often, I usually get deli chicken from a family owned grocery.

Respected Contributor

No.  Homemade food only for us.  As PP mentioned too many food service workers can not afford to be off sick so they come to work no matter what.

Honored Contributor

Decided not to eat out at this time.  Having my groceries delivered.  I don't mind cooking for myself.  

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Decided not to eat out at this time.  Having my groceries delivered.  I don't mind cooking for myself.  

Our local Chick Fil A has closed their dining room.  Only take out avaialable.  Not sure if other restaurants are following suit.  I have a years worth of food supply and grow my own vegetables. I would not be frequent a restaurant right now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 

Definitely not eating out. Never even wondered about it. Not going anywhere I don’t have to (I work full time) and I’m likely to be ordering groceries/household items to be picked up in the future.

Church services & activities here have been suspended. Live streaming only.

Valued Contributor

I normally eat at home and often make my own dinners so no.  This is a good opportunity to use drive thru food service if you don't feel like cooking.