Honored Contributor

Re: Are you decorating your front yards for the holidays?

@Suziepeach,

My husband and brother caught people in the act of dumping trash on our family property on Friday.   They didn't appreciate having to pick up what they'd already thrown out, and being told to leave this area.  

No way would I put out any yard decorations right now.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@Suziepeach,

My husband and brother caught people in the act of dumping trash on our family property on Friday.   They didn't appreciate having to pick up what they'd already thrown out, and being told to leave this area.  

@RedTop  Wow! Was this visible from your home? It's a good think your family caught them. Glad they picked it up and didn't just run off. I would also be furious.

Honored Contributor

We put up a holiday wreath and our decorated tree can be seen through our front window but other than that...that's it. It's a real competition on our block to see who can out-decorate the other. LOL Holiday Lane Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Sure.  Icicle lights on the eaves and I have an outdoor 6 ft. tree with lights and a 4 ft. inflatable snowman.  Not a lot, but it is Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ,

No, the trash wasn't visible from our homes.    My brother was alerted to it by a neighbor who saw the car, and later saw the trash.

The people actually came back the next day with more trash, but found out real quick we were watching for them!   They left with all they'd dumped, and brother has pictures on his phone he will turn over to authorities if they are seen back out here, or trash is found in the neighborhood.   

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ,

No, the trash wasn't visible from our homes.    My brother was alerted to it by a neighbor who saw the car, and later saw the trash.

The people actually came back the next day with more trash, but found out real quick we were watching for them!   They left with all they'd dumped, and brother has pictures on his phone he will turn over to authorities if they are seen back out here, or trash is found in the neighborhood.   

@RedTop I would have loved to have seen the look on their faces when they realized they were caught! Glad it worked out.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@Suziepeach,

@RedTop how awful!  What on earth has happened to people, no consideration or sensibility whatsoever!!  I am so glad they had to pick it up and told to leave this area.  I swear, it's like the earth has tilted once again..

Oh I can see why you wouldn't put out any yard decorations.  Our neighbor of many, many years, his Aunt gave them 3 little pigs, just 3 little pigs but someone took one and broke his heart- the two are still in his side yard and gosh, this was back in the earlty 90's.. stole one little pig- people are just awful!!  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

I haven't before so I don't see why I should now.

Honored Contributor

Yes, we have a pretty stairway leading up to the front door, you can come up from either sides of the yard.  We will wrap the railings in white lights that twinkle.

Also, two dwarf cypress trees flank boths sides of the stairways, so they will have the same white lights.

A Christmas tree will be against the wall looking through the front door and I do that with white lights, also.

Typical red, green and burgundy colors (or any jewel tones) don't match my decor, so it would look garish--actually.

This house is small and it will only be our first time being here for Christmas.  Plus, I don't want to have to put too much away before we leave.

Honored Contributor

I have a big basket on the front porch near the door I fill with red poinsettias.   I also have a large greenery swag with a gold cherub angel and red the wreath.

My front door is red.Smiley Happy