Esteemed Contributor

Do You Still Dance?

[ Edited ]

Since all this covid and being cooped up so much, I find turning on youtube and dancing to the oldies a really great  "release".  If you're a little older you might want to type in Tallahassee Lassie ( I like the one that has the white intertube with printing on it )    sounds good.  It's a great workout. Click that and go to it!!! I just made it through the whole song.  A little breathless but I made it. Even added a few new "moves"...LOL! 

https://youtu.be/4pgbJaKemic

Respected Contributor

Yep--I take 2 virtual La Blast classes each week and started taking a virtual Zumba class with my favorite instructor.  I go to an inperson class on Saturday with lots of social distancing.

Honored Contributor

I dance at home with my husband when a romantic song is playing on the radio or tv.  We like the feeling of being in each other's arms. 

Esteemed Contributor

Our local "dance spots" are open and thriving!  

Honored Contributor

Always. When the right music comes on I can't not dance.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Always. When the right music comes on I can't not dance

I know just what you mean. Heaven forbid they play one in church. I can hardly stand there!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I dance at home with my husband when a romantic song is playing on the radio or tv.  We like the feeling of being in each other's arms. 

********That sounds so romantic. DH doesn't like to dance nor does he want to learn so I dance alone or with a broom....just kidding about the broom!

Respected Contributor

Oh most definitely!...I haven't stopped since my Mom gave birth to me...I actually danced right out of her womb and she said I was a very easy birth...lol...much easier than my twin who followed after me and was a breach...ouch!

It is my most favorite form of exercise and I can't stay still when I hear some good music playing...Wherever I go, if music is playing  my body just naturally starts moving to the rhythm...although the rhythm has been more at home during these past several months than anywhere else.

Honored Contributor

I've been known to bust a move when I hear a song I like. I've even danced in a grocery store aisle if no one else was in it though I've been caught a few times. 

Esteemed Contributor

Never danced and don't plan to start now.  I get plenty of exercise in other ways.