Honored Contributor

Nope.  I'm adventurous when it comes to food. Woman Very Happy

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

Yes! I’m extraordinarily picky because I know how to eat in a healthy way. I don’t eat any sugar—in ANY form (including fruits, vegetables, and beans, etc). I’m very, very healthy as a result.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne, LOL Olive Garden - which is not a favorite place or a measure of good Italian food either one 😜

When faced with no choice, however, I’m good with their soup & breadsticks lunch. I do like their pasta e ******ioli soup.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Absolutely not. We love to eat out and do so often. We try any new restaurant that opens in the area. I don't do Sushi though.

Respected Contributor

Re: Are you a picky eater?

[ Edited ]

Picky eater could be my middle name!  I often get special orders even for something simple like burgers at McDonalds.   

For any of you PA ladies that live near Amish communities (maybe other states as well), they just opened up a store specializing in PA Dutch/German type foods/ingredients about 2 miles away and I stopped in.  Shoo FLy Pie I expected and something I liked but usually too sweet but I saw something I'd not seen for decades - pickled red beet eggs.  OMG, all the years I'd open the fridge and that smell would knock me out!  My dad used to love chicken and waffles but not like you see in the south, it was chicken gravy with bits of chicken in it that was put over waffles - another gagworthy thing to me.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think I'm a picky eater, but there are a few things I will not eat, ever. I hate eggs and always have. I avoid potato and macaroni salad for fear they have eggs in them . I'm also not a fan of seafood, but .I will try what I've never had.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I like to think I'm not a picky eater because I'll try most things within reason. I have a few foods on my "will not eat" list, like animal organs (sorry) and fish in cans including tuna, sardines, etc. I also pick the fatty chicken out of canned chicken noodle soups - I guess I'm picky about chicken!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I am indeed a picky eater.   With an extensive list of food allergies and intolerances, I have to be.   I basically eat the same foods over and over, and have no interest in trying new things.   I do not get excited over a new restaurant in town, and have no interest in traveling.   

I like my food plain.   I want to be able to see my chicken, beef or pork on the plate; not covered in a sauce or smothered with cheese.  Do not dress it up with herbs, olives, mushrooms, or capers.   I don’t want wine in my food, and I will not under any circumstances eat fish or seafood, period.   I learned a long time ago that no one else can cook to suit me, so I stay home and do my own cooking.   

I also trust no one else to cook for me.   Two weeks ago when I was in the hospital after my knee surgery, the first meal served to me was grilled chicken, rice and vegetables.   The first thing I saw when I uncovered my tray was a HUGE slice of mushroom!   I specifically listed all of my food allergies and intolerances during my nursing assessment, which included mushrooms.    

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I'm really not a picky eater but have developed into one through necessity when I became diabetic over ten years ago.  I'll pull buns off chicken sandwiches to get rid of carbs, I'll pick cheeze off the top of stuff (to reduce some cholesterol) as well as insist on either egg whites or egg beaters (for the same reason)....

I never was this way BD (before diabetes) but am now.....  if I'm at someone's home, I nevere, ever tear apart the food, but I will usually only eat vegs and a little of the lean meat.  When someone asks me directly what I'm doing, I will tell them that I wish I could eat it all but simply can't and why.  My friends and family know why and understand ....

And I love cheeze, real eggs and most everything out there....but when you can't, you just can't..... Woman Indifferent

Same for me, but the weight loss has been a nice dividend.

Respected Contributor

Re: Are you a picky eater?

[ Edited ]

I guess I am and I'm not - if that makes any sense?

I either love it or hate it - there is no in between.  I love oysters, but I hate smoothies.  LOL

The wedge salad with bleu cheese is something I would definitely order.  I wouldn't order anything with Feta cheese.  I hate the texture of frozen chicken and meat.  It has to be fresh for me to really enjoy it. 

I like well-seasonsed food, but I don't like curries or overly strong spices.