Respected Contributor

Re: Are you Ordering non-necessities at this time...

As a small business owner, we welcome all orders/shipments that we can get and even deliver.  Some places will go out of business with no sales.  Ask yourself if you would like to shop again at these places when this situation is over.

Valued Contributor

I'm ordering some fun things, particularly for my grandchildren, aged 2 and 4.

Amazon doesn't prioritize those deliveries but they are still coming in a very timely fashion.

I've also ordered some summer clothing, and a new handbag for me, in an effort to get a little money circulated into the economy.  Besides, the weather is warming up and I need a few things.

I've also ordered some new items for my home.

Personally, I am as worried about the economy as I am the virus.   

Honored Contributor

And to your point, @Hoovermom one of my favorite Etsy sellers just had a sale and during it I purchased two handmade totes, one for myself and one as a gift. The seller was very appreciative that I had made a purchase right now, and I got out of the way a gift that I'll need in about a month. I was happy to support her, she seems to be a very nice person who makes excellent totes.
Esteemed Contributor

I posted earlier on this thread, and owe no one an explanation, but many of you may be in my spot. Two of our three grown children may be adversely affected financially because of less work. They don't think they're getting laid off, but work flow has decreased. My son works for a small business and only worked 2 days last week. Daughter is flight attendant and will receive minimal pay, but her company is doing their best to take care of employees. One reason we'll hold back on home projects and expenditures is to help family financially - if needed. I know families aren't physically coming together, but I would imagine the concept of family will be more precious in the months to come. I hope so.       

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@World Traveler made me do it. 

@Laura14 Well, you know, we ChocoNuvo fanatics HAVE TO HAVE our chocolate. To me that is a necessity, right? Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

How much stuff does one really need? I don't think it's good to be flippant about a partner's concern. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think there's anything wrong with buying, essential or not.  The essential thing is about going out and browsing the stores that are open, exposing yourself and others, and hoarding.

Buying will help the economy as well, hence the stimulus checks that will be sent out. 

That said, I have not done any frivolous shopping. I do have a list of items I want, but it will wait.  

Stay well, everyone.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler 

@Laura14 

Survival of the Fittest!  I'm considering the 360 count of the CN Cafe'   Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

I have ordered a couple of items in the last three weeks because the price will not be lower for a long, long time.  Plus, I got free shipping on both items. Other than these items, I will not be ordering anything else that is non-essential.

Honored Contributor

@jpie Just ONE container? Are you SURE that will be enough until October? Smiley LOL