Honored Contributor

Re: Are things back to normal?

What state are you in? Your governor is probably just “erring on the side of caution” with the mask mandate.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We haven't eaten in a restaurant for over a year, but the parking lots appear to be full when I drive by.  The schools are open for in-person learning, but parents are also given the option to continue remote teaching.

Neither of us has had a cold or flu since we started wearing masks, so we will continue to wear them indoors.  We found some online that are so comfortable that we will continue to wear them everyday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can tell things are getting back to normal because the traffic here is almost as bad as before. Even though most are still working from home if possible, I guess the traffic is due to so many just wanting to get out of the house. 

Contributor

Our restaurants are open but not capacity yet.  That restriction comes off the end of May.  We still have a mask mandate indoors and it will come off end of June.  I don't understand the "magic" of those dates but so be it.  Our schools have been open almost all year.  There were a few exception weeks but mostly in school learning.   I'm in MN.

Esteemed Contributor

Here in Northern MI, nothing is normal.

Most restaurants are still drive thru/ take out only. Several have closed their doors permanently. 

Masks still required indoors, schools are hybrid, depending on classes.

I'm still on WFH.

Honored Contributor

No, nothing is normal.

Still must wear a mask in every store. And they are still counting # of people entering stores. Can sit down and eat in a few restaurants but have to be 35% capacity. Some restaurants have remained closed, don't have the staff to open.  Every fast food place is drive through only. 

School some open, some closed, depending on the school district. Our district has no bus service. 

Honored Contributor

Of course not.  We are on our way.  More than 50% of the state has been vaccinated.   Schools are open.  Restaurants and other places open with restrictions and limited capacities.  Masks are no longer required when we are outside.  As more people get vaccinated and as transmission rates continue to fall, we will continue to get more of our lives back.  I believe the prediction is that we'll be back to normal by August 1.  

Respected Contributor

I am from Texas but left when our governor fully opened the state and removed the mask mandate. I did not feel safe in my hometown that has a major university. Events were packed, bars fully open, and only 25% of the residents were fully vaccinated when we decided to leave. Infection numbers are rising and deaths are beginning to increase. People refuse to wear masks and blatantly enter stores that request they do so. This is far from being normal.

Honored Contributor

N.J. - NOPE!

Never will be.  This IS the "new" normal.

The Brazilian & Indian variants are in N.J. according to the local news & the Governor.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I live in Delaware and all restrictions except for the mask mandate will be lifted on May 21.  Public schools are still hybrid.