Honored Contributor

Are You Keeping Q Purchases Now That You Wouldn't Have Before They Stopped Refunding the S&H Charge?

Are you keeping any Q purchases now that you would otherwise have returned, because Q no longer refunds the S&H charge?   In other words, things you are petty lukewarm on and don't love, because it's not worth it to you to lose that $3 or $5?  In other words, you aren't following "love it or return it" because of that cost?

If so,  what?

Valued Contributor

Re: Are You Keeping Q Purchases Now That You Wouldn't Have Before They Stopped Refunding the S&H

I'm done w/all TV shopping.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are You Keeping Q Purchases Now That You Wouldn't Have Before They Stopped Refunding the S&H

I guess it depends on the cost of the item for me. 

If I receive an item that cost $50, but I don't like it and wouldn't use/wear it, I'd be out the whole cost $50 (+), versus returning it and being out the original & return shipping charges.

BTW, I never use the Q return label, I can usually send back cheaper.

On the other hand, if it was a $20 lunchtime special, I'd just give it away.

The new shipping policy HAS made me take much more time & read reviews before I order, which is a good thing.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, I am simply buying less, which is almost nil since I didn't hardly buy anything from QVC in the first place!

If I am not sure if I really want it or I am unsure about colors, etc. I just don't bother ordering it. I have to really really want it in order to buy it now and there is very little I really really want and am willing to lose money on if I don't like it.

Honored Contributor

First, I no longer buy large or heavy things, since I pay my own return postage most of the time ....  just beauty or jewelry.     There's no way I would return a pair of earrings for $6.95 when I can do Paypal postage (first class) for approx $1.30 including free tracking.  (Not to mention it's about 10 days faster!).

Secondly, I have become much fussier ..... using the old trusty 1 to 10 scale, if I don't perceive the item to be at least a 9 out of 10, I pass.

Thirdly, if I really don't want something, losing $3 return postage won't stop me returning it.    Why be out the  rest of the money for something you don't even like?    What will you do with it?

Let's be honest  ........   purchasing anything online is a bit of a "risk" when you can't touch it,  see it,  feel it etc,  but we all love the convenience factor, to be sure.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't keep anything that I wasn't happy with. Having said that, I just don't buy from them if I'm not sure about an item and there was a possibility of having to send it back.
Contributor

I have cut way back in ordering anything that I'm not sure of. It cost me around 

$10 just to try an item on?  I'm not willing to do that. It also seems to me that

they could adjust their buy more and save $ policy to allow the customer to 

try an item and decide if they would like additional purchases of that item. 

I mean if you had a day or so after delivery to repurchase the item at the

buy and save price I would be more inclined to take the chance. It would

save on returns and increase sales.

Esteemed Contributor

I have kept a few things that were not what I expected. I am more careful buying now.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

To answer your question: No. Refunding S/H makes no difference to me. I consider such cost the "cost of online shopping." Online shopping saves me a huge amount of time and stress, so I don't penny pinch a few dollars here and there. I don't have the cost of gas, parking, wear on my car, and most importantly, the cost of my limited time--which is valuable to me. I think it pays to take a longer, more broad view and not get upset over a few dollars here and there.

Valued Contributor

I try to stick to the clothing lines where there is very little fluctuation for sizing involved. For me that includes mostly IM.  I also repeatedly check the actual garment sizing online, and then decide if I really want the item.  But, when I have ordered a few items that required returning they were defective upon receipt. I called Customer Service and said I would not pay to return the item, and they picked up the charges completely (as they should have).