Trusted Contributor

Re: Are You Keeping Q Purchases Now That You Wouldn't Have Before They Stopped Refunding the S&H

Because I don't get return shipping, I buy a LOT less. I used to buy almost all my shoes on the Q because I need an 11 wide. But $5 to get them and $7 to return them because they don't fit, made me change to websites that have free shipping and free returns on shoes like shoebuy dot com or amaazon or zappos.  Most of the time they are cheaper than the Q is selling them for anyway. So their new policy has cost them money (my purchases) and saved me money.

Valued Contributor

Re: Are You Keeping Q Purchases Now That You Wouldn't Have Before They Stopped Refunding the S&H

Nope, because I am not buying anything from the Q except for the wreath I send my elderly aunt.  It is too boring and repititious, and not a value any more like it used to be.  All my shopping is with other online retailers and B&M stores. 

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Respected Contributor

Absolutely not. I figure it pays off in the long run. I shop carefully and have not had to waste gas, time and energy running around to a bunch of stores. I have always maintained that it costs money to shop, either in shipping, or in gas and time. Shopping on-line has changed my world, so very easy!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

It's funny you should ask this ,now I'm doing just the opposite,I have developed an attitude! .I am returning more now.Maybe because items priceing is higher than ever. now if I don't  really like it,I return it.Why should I keep something I really do not like?  Back it goes.

I expect to be getting  "The Letter" soon.

Contributor

I think twice about ordering for sure but I have canceled more orders before they have shipped out because they seem to take longer to ship lately.  I had a pressure cooker ordered and since it just sat in processing for a couple of days, I had time to shop around and found a brand with a longer warranty for cheaper elsewhere.  

I do have to say that the videos online are so helpful to me to decide if I want to purchase.  I may not always buy from the Q if I can find it cheaper elsewhere but I love to watch the videos online for information.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I find that whole idea of "I'm only keeping it because I don't want to pay to return it" to be the MOST INCREDIBLY STUPID thing I have ever heard.  So you would rather be out the entire cost of the item - and QVC has extremely little that would be under $6 - to avoid paying the $6. HUH?!?! 

I wish people would say the truth - I am not or did not return it because I was too lazy to rewrap it and take it to the mailbox. At least that is honest.

Oh, come on ..... don't be shy ......   tell us what you really think!    LOL  

(I was thinking the same thing)

Honored Contributor

NO -  I'm not quite that stupid.   The charge to return a piece of clothing is pretty much $3 more than it used to be -  al this talk about the higher amount (for clothing) pretends we weren't already paying the return shipping.  

So - if I order a piece of clothing and I don't like it for whatever reason I return it and pay the extra $3.

Just like everyone else, I get all the emails from elsewhere offering me free shipping.  Ah, if they'd just start to offer something I'd want to wear, they could have my business.

Trusted Contributor

I stopped shopping the Q unless it is something I have used before and know I'm going to keep. Most of my shopping is now done on the other channels or B&M - the Q doesn't have much of what I want to buy anymore and they have made it very hard with inconsistant sizing even within the same vendor.  Not worth it for me personally plus there are no incentives on the Q when I can get the same or better elsewhere, be it B&M or online.

Esteemed Contributor

I have kept a few things that I otherwise would have returned.  Like others have said, I think a bit longer and harder before ordering anyting.  There is one style of T-shirt that I like, but the sizing has been all over the place and the weight of the knit differs on the same item.  How do I know if I will get one that fits or not?  How hard it is to use the same fabric and use a tape measure?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Are you keeping any Q purchases now that you would otherwise have returned, because Q no longer refunds the S&H charge?   In other words, things you are petty lukewarm on and don't love, because it's not worth it to you to lose that $3 or $5?  In other words, you aren't following "love it or return it" because of that cost?

If so,  what?

I'm buying less and have cancelled many of my auto deliveries that I can buy at Ulta.  The money I saved from that, I spent by returning what I didn't love.   I can't foresee buying anything else from Qvc in the future.