very familiar to us.  One, we eat outside under shade umbrellas,

and the other two inside but with all the Covid protocals.  We

wash hands and use hand sanitizer. 

In our favorite place, a family-owned taqueria that we used to

frequent a lot pre-pandemic, everything is so clean and always

been.  Lots of table cleaning, plexiglass, and only plastic

spoons, forks, knives.  Our son and his wife love this place, and

when they visit, we all go in together.  Condiments are single-

serve.  No salt/pepper shakers, etc.  just packets.

We have been so happy to see all these people again. 

I'm not sure if our larger gatherings (me with my retired

colleagues)  will ever get back to how they used to be.

Respected Contributor

Re: Are You Eating in Restaurants?

I am returning to restaurants with joy!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624   It will be a very long time before we eat at a restaurant again.  I agree with everything you said in your post. We can order the same great food at our favorite restaurants for take out, eat it at home and don't have to pay a tip for being served.  I don't need to sit in a restaurant to enjoy "the dining experience."

Esteemed Contributor

We have never stopped eating out in restaurants.  We have stayed in hotels while traveling many times.  Oh, we have used rest area restrooms!!  Wow, pretty daring, huh?  Woman Wink  Went to the movies a couple weeks ago and have also been out dancing in a restaurant with a live band.  We never stopped doing our regular life.......we just used precautions.  

I really feel for the folks that locked down in fear.  That is going to be a tough one for many to get over.......if they ever do.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Kellyanne1 wrote:

@AuntG Well, hopefully you've applied. I hope you get the position.

No need @Kellyanne1. 37 years at one job and then took a nice retirement package. We are always understanding of the current employment shortages and treat our servers respectfully. I'm sue they appreciate that - and our tips.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

We have never stopped eating out in restaurants.  We have stayed in hotels while traveling many times.  Oh, we have used rest area restrooms!!  Wow, pretty daring, huh?  Woman Wink  Went to the movies a couple weeks ago and have also been out dancing in a restaurant with a live band.  We never stopped doing our regular life.......we just used precautions.  

I really feel for the folks that locked down in fear.  That is going to be a tough one for many to get over.......if they ever do.  

@tends2dogs  I guess your state never closed at all so you were able to continue to do these things. Our restaurants didn't open until last summer and that was outdoor dining only. Things opened up gradually, so not everyone was able to continue on as before, at least in the beginning.

Honored Contributor

No, we are not eating inside restaurants, but we do get food to go and eat it at home!  I'm not sure if I will eat inside a restaurant every again, it's not that restaurants I don't trust, it's the people that patronize them!  My sister died last summer of Covid, I have been vacinated, and still wear a mask in every store I go in, I take this disease seriously!  It is not that big of a deal to me!

Respected Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

No, we are not eating inside restaurants, but we do get food to go and eat it at home!  I'm not sure if I will eat inside a restaurant every again, it's not that restaurants I don't trust, it's the people that patronize them!  My sister died last summer of Covid, I have been vacinated, and still wear a mask in every store I go in, I take this disease seriously!  It is not that big of a deal to me!

Wow, so very sorry for the loss of your sister.

I was going to share that I personally knew 4 people that died from COVID and 4 that had serious illness. When you have such as close encounter with this disease, you do take pause when considering risks.

It seems that we are being pulled in two directions. One is from political and pubic such as governers, mayors. The other is from medical people. As I said as long as my doctors office staff and patients wear masks, I will continue to use caution. 

Honored Contributor

No I am not, but eating out has never been something I enjoyed anyway.  

Honored Contributor

Yep. I can report that restaurants in Nashville are back to normal. Staff wears masks, but no one else does and the tables aren't very socially distanced anymore. There are still clear partitions between booths. It was neat but also surreal to see so many people running around like Covid never even happened.

I was just glad to be vaccinated. I enjoyed myself.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr