Esteemed Contributor

Other than a death do you cry often?  No., I don't. Movies,songs, commercials don't do it. I might think something is sad or terrible but I don't cry. It's never made me feel better.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are You A Cryer?

[ Edited ]

Constantly!!! Seriously I cry over a commercial, over a news story, when my grandkids say something super cute,etc......The older I get, the more sensitive I am......I am a lot like my dad, he cried easily too, and was very sensitive........   I will also cry in church if I am moved by a song, or the sermon. When I say cry, I don't necessarily mean sobbing, but will get teary eyed. 

Honored Contributor

A good cry always makes me feel better , it’s cathartic. I also have a problem expressing anger, so it often comes out in tears, I just can’t help it. Music is another trigger. I will say as I’ve gotten older, I don’t cry as much. Who knows why 🤷‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Yes I get misty eyed and weepy often.

Respected Contributor

No.  Maybe once or twice a year.  But, there's a commercial for Covenant House that always moves me to tears.

Respected Contributor

Oh yeah ... ask anyone in my family!!!

Someone is always saying “Oh you know how she is.”.

(Tears in my case, are not saved for sadness!) Happy tears!

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

No and I see those who are as weak and unstable. Some are just attention seeking manipulators. They probably used crying to get what they wanted as children and it was a success then so why not now.

Respected Contributor

yes!  it's kind of embarrasing sometimes.  recently, i cried when the thunderbirds did the flyover while gladys knight was singing the national anthem pre-superbowl.   

Honored Contributor

Never for myself, but , some   things  can move me to tears

Honored Contributor

I don't cry over songs, I don't cry if I lose an earring or if I hear a sad story.  I don't cry at weddings.   A movie or book or poem that deeply resonates with me will make me a little weepy.  It can't  just be something sad, it has to be something that touches something deep in me.  Something personal.  I don't cry at funerals or wakes; I didn't at my parents' funerals.  The tears came much later and  in private.