Trusted Contributor

Re: April the Giraffe update

@on the bay wrote:

@cancun08 wrote:

@mousiegirl

Haaaaa.....Omg.....That was my first choice, too!  Lol

@cancun08 @mousiegirl`

That was my 2nd choice! Was going to put that but thought I'll just put my first!

That should be his name! TeddySmiley Happy How adorable is that?!

I actually wanted to name one of my children that but I think some thought it reminded them of a teddy bear lol! I love that name! not a teddy bear-now our Teddy giraffe.Heart

It's going tobe hard to accept a name if I don't like it for him, I've got to say.

edited to add-though if they let Alyssa name him, I won't mind. She knows him the best (aside from April of courseSmiley Happy

@on the bay

The cost for voting was $1 per vote with a 5 vote minimum. I voted once for Teddy, my 6yr old granddaughter picked the name Dash, so I voted once for that and I voted 3x's for "let Alyssa pick".....can't wait to hear the name that is chosen!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the link!

About the name: I first voted to let it be Allysa's choice, then after reading more about the park and owner Jordan Patch, and the work he's doing to save giraffes in the wild, I decided to nominate two others: Alex Jordan (to be called AJ), after Allysa and Jordan; and Patches, after Jordan and because he has "patches" all over him! Smiley Wink 

Valued Contributor

Thanks @cancun08, for posting this!!  I'm also not on facebook so these updates are so helpful.

And, that picture of April and the baby ---- so sweet!!!!  The baby was often off camera so to see a photo of him in the corner (with April) was extra neat to see.  

Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

Ready, Set, Watch! ...and Vote!

The Giraffe Cam returns today, and every Tuesday from 4 PM - 8 PM Eastern. Why this time frame?

1) Soon the giraffes are outside, and you will be watching an empty stall, but with our closing daily at 5 pm - you will have hours of enjoyment while they retire for the evening. ...
2) It allows us to capture the majority of our major fan bases (worldwide) at a relatively decent time in their daily routines.

www.ApriltheGiraffe.com is your source for the one and only link that is authentic and authorized.

Round 1 of the naming contest ends today at 7:30 pm Eastern.
The top ten most popular votes will be announced at 8 PM, and Round 2 voting will begin at that time, lasting 5 days.

www.NameAprilsCalf.com is your place to vote!

How to see weekly photos, video and info? Subscribe to our Baby Update text system. Fridays, we will send out your weekly update, full of fun and exclusive content. This Friday will include video of baby's first time outside!
www,Aprilthegiraffealert.com

As for our BIG, little guy, he is doing absolutely great! You will get to see him later today!

See More
Image may contain: 1 person, indoor
Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I'm so excited about the camera coming back on today.

I'm confused about the naming thing though. We did the initial submit a name. I did that. Then they narrowed it down to 10 names and I voted again for my favorite. That was supposed to only last 5 days or so. 

They keep saying that round one is going to end soon and to keep submitting name choices. and they'll announce the top ten names and we'll vote again. We already have the top 10 names. I've already voted for my favorite among the top 10. 

Whatever....I'm excited about the camera today and the text on Friday. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Can't wait to tune in today at 4! 

Honored Contributor

When is the outdorr cam going to be set up?  That is the one I want to see.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

They create a viral sensation and then they cut everyone off, and, then they limit our viewing to 4 hours on Tuesday? And the voting continues at $5 a pop.  Oh and if you want the weekly Friday exclusive baby uodates sign up, pay for the text alert system.  Geez.  Collectively i imagine they have netted at least a half mil in revenue and they wine about emails, phone calls etc.  They have a brand, I bet they could have a reality show if they wanted one but for those that catapulted them we get 4 hours on tuesday.  LOL.  And the yard cam?    

Honored Contributor

Looking forward to today at 4pm,

Image result for april the giraffe and allysa pics

Honored Contributor

@meallen616

It will be fun to watch today! I guess that will be 3pm CT!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~