Honored Contributor

Clarification: Which aspects of history are not to be discussed?

Not challenging mods, and respectfully accepting removal of post.  But I do love to explore history and have scanned QVC standards.

Could not find anything that forbids discussion of past historical events like Holocaust, its survivors, World War II etc. or its aftermath.

How have I offended, and how can it be avoided in future?  Thanks very much.

Honored Contributor

Re: Clarification: Which aspects of history are not to be discussed?

Didn't see the thread, so don't know if it became controversial. Otherwise you might want to email qvcsocial team. Posters here won't have the answer.

Honored Contributor

How do you do that, proudlyfromNJ?   I am technically challenged!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

How do you do that, proudlyfromNJ?   I am technically challenged!

I think it's Qvcsocialteam@qvc.com

Honored Contributor

I suspect it may be up to the sensibilities of the individual moderator on-duty as to "which aspects of history" are deemed to be too controversial for discussion on this BB.

Honored Contributor

deepwaterdotter, I can respect that.  Although am still not sure of what it's acceptable to post re: history.  I hope we can still discuss history in general.  I tried to contact that QVC social address, but flubbed.  Can try again when hubby is available to help me...

I definitely don't want to be a perpetual pest or bother to mods., or offensive to other posters... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In general, I've found that many people don't want to hear about world history possibly repeating itself.  Roman Empire, etc., etc.  There is a benefit from learining about what worked and what didn't.   Oh, well.  Enough said.   It can become controversial now-a-days.  However, not at all during my early school years.  Times have changed.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I definitely don't want to be a perpetual pest or bother to mods., or offensive to other posters... 

You won't. But talk about taking on a large job, just be you, you'll be fine, in my book.Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell As I've posted before, you must turn into a Stepford Poster. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I suspect it may be up to the sensibilities of the individual moderator on-duty as to "which aspects of history" are deemed to be too controversial for discussion on this BB.

And it's all too easy to politicize history - not look back on it as a different time and place, but find something in today's world to compare it to; it's what people do, naturally - relate to the mindset they know without caring about knowing and understanding the mindset of the people in past decades or centuries. There aren't a lot of us out there who are seriously interested in history for its own sake.

I would say that whether it's an OP's intention or desire or not, someone (anyone) can turn almost any thread "political" or "controversial" or headed that way. It may be a "natural" turn, or it may be (and very often is) deliberate on the part of the poster.

An OP can't really control the content of a thread. @Oznell you personally may not have done anything "wrong" and a moderator's decision may well not be based on anything you personally have said. But there are people here who can make Mary Had a Little Lamb political if they choose to.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all