Super Contributor

Re: Apples have acid and are bad for your teeth if you eat alot...................what

On 6/2/2014 sidsmom said:
On 6/2/2014 evelomaddict said:

i'm on a mango kick. i love mangos.

Girl...I was cussing over mangoes last night!! I can't seem to pick a fresh one w/out spoilage AND without making a mess...so just get the frozen mango chunks. Any advice for a mango-newbie like me?

BTW...I was making this Fab-o recipe: 1 cup mango, 1/3-1/2 avocado, rosemary & chives...blend. Pour over 5 spiralized zucchini 'noodles'....WOW, WOW. Sprinkle a little salt on top...I just finished a huge bowl, but my mouth still waters when I write this!! Try it...even over a bed of greens, it makes an amazing dressing.

I used to listen to a DJ years ago who was always joking about mangoes. He used to say the only way to eat a ripe mango was in one's birthday suit, standing in the sink.

Super Contributor

Re: Apples have acid and are bad for your teeth if you eat alot...................what

On 6/2/2014 ROMARY said:

If it's pure juice, it's crushed up fruit. Anyway, acidic foods wear away the enamel, so don't forget to brush teeth afterwards, but wait awhile, as the doc/dentist advised on TV.

fruit juice isn't crushed up fruit. (-:

Honored Contributor

I love fruit. Mangos = yum!

Super Contributor

On 6/2/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 6/2/2014 RubyinNE said:

Non organic apples are sprayed with a lot of pesticides. You need to wash them thoroughly, and then I still wonder if the pesticides are inside the skins of them.

I saw a report not long ago that did say that the pesticides get inside the fruits/vegetables and that washing them won't help that.

Apples are on the "Dirty Dozen" list, those foods that should always be bought organic because of the high amounts of pesticides used.

I always buy organic apples, even though they do cost more. I love apples, eat one every day, and don't like the idea of eating pesticides.

Kity, we read the same article. Smiley Happy I love fresh fruits and veggies, so I'm only buying organic these days.

Super Contributor

On 6/2/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 6/2/2014 RubyinNE said:

Non organic apples are sprayed with a lot of pesticides. You need to wash them thoroughly, and then I still wonder if the pesticides are inside the skins of them.

I saw a report not long ago that did say that the pesticides get inside the fruits/vegetables and that washing them won't help that.

Apples are on the "Dirty Dozen" list, those foods that should always be bought organic because of the high amounts of pesticides used.

I always buy organic apples, even though they do cost more. I love apples, eat one every day, and don't like the idea of eating pesticides.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

RRR, do yourself a favor and cut back to 2 apples at most. Nothing to do with eroding the enameling on your teeth, but because you're ingesting too many pesticides. Try to mix it up a bit and have some other fruits. Do you like bananas?

Honored Contributor

Best to eat organic fruits-- at least you know no pesticides against insects were used on them.

Bananas are sprayed against insects too.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

If you're concerned about acid in grapefruits, lemons, apples etc, just rinse or drink some water afterwards.

Just about all fruits have acid in them ..... this isn't new information by any means.

Super Contributor

On 6/2/2014 Hildegarde Withers said:
On 6/1/2014 BonnieBelle said:
On 6/1/2014 Yuban3 said:
Agreed. If I'm going to eat something with sugar in it, I'd rather eat an apple or two, then a half dozen (double stuffed) Oreos.

But the double stuffed Oreos are so much better, LOL!! Love them, or actually just the cream in the middle, I don't eat the cracker. I don't keep them in the house.

The Mega Stuf is even better.Smile

Are you kidding me?? They make Mega Stuf Oreos now?? OMG, I just googled it!! Why did you have to tell me, LOL!!