Esteemed Contributor

Apparently, My Pie Was A Hit!

[ Edited ]

As you may know, last week I took to work a home made pecan pie to share.

Everyone who had a piece just raved about it!

I did have a tiny piece myself, and it was good.

Maybe I did inherite my mother's cooking skills after all!

And to think that I have never made it before.

I guess I'll have to add it to my repertoire!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Re: Apparently, My Pie Was A Hit!

I remember reading your previous post about how you weren’t sure it was done.  I’m so glad it turned out for you.  Pecan pie is one of my favorite pies but I only make it once a year. 

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations on your success!!! It is so nice to discover hidden talents. This might be a good time attempt a project you might have wanted to try, but were afraid of failure.😉

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 @Sounds like you will be to go to for pecan pie.I don’t think I have ever had that pie but maybe I should try to bake one.What recipe did you use?

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Anonymous032819 @Sounds like you will be to go to for pecan pie.I don’t think I have ever had that pie but maybe I should try to bake one.What recipe did you use?

@dex 

I just followed the recipe on the back of a bottle of Karo (dark) syrup.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 @Thanks..I wonder if it is like the Canadian butter tart that I make..if you haven’t had those you might try sometime they are a fabulous Canadian secret.

Honored Contributor

How fun!  I used to love to make things for others to enjoy and, honestly, I kind of miss it.

My only caveat would be that as soon as I heard somebody say PEE-can, it would be NO PIE FOR YOU!  Smiley Very Happy   

Seriously, that and 'marscapone' make me crazy (ok, crazier).  Every time I hear either of those two in a cooking competition I want to vote them off the island immediately.  Smiley Very Happy  

Easy way I made up to remember mascarpone - there is no Mars and there is no Capone.  K?  Smiley Happy   

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

How fun!  I used to love to make things for others to enjoy and, honestly, I kind of miss it.

My only caveat would be that as soon as I heard somebody say PEE-can, it would be NO PIE FOR YOU!  Smiley Very Happy   

Seriously, that and 'marscapone' make me crazy (ok, crazier).  Every time I hear either of those two in a cooking competition I want to vote them off the island immediately.  Smiley Very Happy  

Easy way I made up to remember mascarpone - there is no Mars and there is no Capone.  K?  Smiley Happy   

Mascarpone (pronounced mahs-car-POH-nay)

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819   Congratulations.  That is my favorite pie.

I don't think it is difficult to make, but many people bake it too long and the pecans get too dark and taste  "off"  I have had very few homemade pecan pies that were baked to perfection.

Yours turned out great on your first try.. Yeah!  That puts you in the expert category.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Anonymous032819   Congratulations.  That is my favorite pie.

I don't think it is difficult to make, but many people bake it too long and the pecans get too dark and taste  "off"  I have had very few homemade pecan pies that were baked to perfection.

Yours turned out great on your first try.. Yeah!  That puts you in the expert category.  

@Carmie 

Or beginners luck!