Respected Contributor

It seems that more and more companies want customers to conduct business on their app vs their web site. This includes: banking, finance, local utilities, just more and more it seems.

I have a smart phone but like to use my lap top vs app. 

Would a tech expert explain? 

Valued Contributor

l don't like apps either !  They fill up your screen and are hard to get rid of . Grocery stores , streaming services , some places won't let you see their products until you download their apps !

Respected Contributor

I also wondered about that.  

Respected Contributor

Although I am not one to download every store's app. I much prefer using an app than the website.

Honored Contributor

I don't use my phone to conduct "business" and don't use apps on it.

If I can't do it on the laptop then I just don't do it.

Honored Contributor
App all day any day over dragging out my laptop.

Easy to create a few folders on my phone to organize, just like on a pc.
Honored Contributor

I feel as if it's a generational thing.  I started with a computer when personal computers were little more than electric typewriters, so the APP's feel foreign to me, but those who great up on computers, phones and tablets sometimes live all aspects of their lives on phones and tablets where the APP's work well.   Even though I know that, I still prefer to use my computer or a laptop, and I still prefer to shop and solve problems with real people!

Respected Contributor

I use a Samsung tablet, websites only, don't like apps. I despise smart phones, I miss my simple flip phone I got in 2009 for $9.99....I kept it going as long as possible until it was finally deemed obsolete, ugh.

Honored Contributor

I prefer a computer.  I can type on a computer, one finger pecking for texting.  I also won't use an app for banking or shopping.  Cell phone screens are too small too.  That doesn't mean I want a larger phone; I don't.

Respected Contributor

I prefer using my laptop vs an app on my smart phone.  I don't trust my fingers my cell phone especially if I was going to use a banking app.