Respected Contributor

I created an Acct and recorded a list of groceries which I paid for in order to reserve my time. I had to sign up for pick-up because I was told there was no delivery in my area.

Anyway, I’m thinking when I check the night before, I’ll have to finalize and pay for the newly added items then? Also, how much should I tip the person who brings my groceries out and puts them in my car? Thx.

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to use them, but no time slots are available in my area for pick-up, or delivery.

Honored Contributor

I use Peapod, but not pickup.

Regardless of how much my bill is, I tip $5.00. It takes about 5 minutes to retrieve my order from his truck and take them to my garage.

If he delivered to my kitchen, I might tip more, but I don't like strangers coming into my house.  Every time, it has been a different person, so I don't get to know any of them.  

I don't think for pickup or delivery, they select and bag the groceries.  If they did, I would tip more.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone using Peapod?

[ Edited ]

Tomorrow is my 2nd delivery from Peapod. The whole process was so easy. The driver put all the bags on my porch and texted me to let me know. I wiped everything down, put it all in a plastic container and brought everything into the house. It was a breeze and so worth it not to have to go into a store. I hope tomorrow goes as smoothly.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Never heard of Peapod but I do recommend "Instacart".  I had $600 worth of groceries delivered in early March before the general masses started worrying about the pandemic. I plan to use them again in May but my fortunes may not be quite as good as I am hearing stories they are unable to find certain items that have been in demand like flour and toilet paprer.

Esteemed Contributor

I've used Peapod 3 times.Expecting another order next Wednesday. It's hard to get delivery dates. I manage to,  but it's always about 14 or 15 days off.

The good part is that I can add or subtract items until the day before delivery when it locks in.The morning of the delivery I get an email telling me which items were in stock & which weren't.I also get the final tally & a more specific time frame for the delivery.Last week I only got 15 out of 55 items ordered. I have never gotten toilet paper.

It's an excellent service.They are just overwhelmed.I have the driver leave my delivery in front of my door. I tip $5.

Esteemed Contributor

We did not use peapod becuse theyre booked over a week in advance every hour the stores are open!. We had to go shop and also ordered from Schwans. We may use peapod the next time but again they are booked over 1 week. so have to order early. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone using Peapod?

[ Edited ]

I use Instacart.  My order is usually around $200.00 and I tip $20.00.

They figure out the tip, and you ok it, or you can add more or less if you like. Instacart says they make $11.00 an hour and tips are 1/2 of their income. I usually have a 2 day wait for delivery.  I ordered this morning and this delivery is for Friday afternoon.

Honored Contributor
Is Peapod PayPal's vegetarian cousin? 😀
Esteemed Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

I would love to use them, but no time slots are available in my area for pick-up, or delivery.

@manny2  ...  me too no delivery time available in my area for almost a month!!!!