Honored Contributor

Anyone shopping Amazon Prime day?

I only browsed a little this morning as my husband has a really early doctor appointment, but I did quickly look at the Citizen Eco Drive watches.  I love these watches.

My very favorite watch by them is pink with crystals around the bezel.  Amazon's normal price is terrific but today it's 30% off that.

I looked briefly at handbags but nothing really jumped out.

Anyone buy anything?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone shopping Amazon Prime day?

[ Edited ]

I was going to do the trial Prime and get the Amazon Echo as I have one and would like another one. That is a great price and no sites are matching it. Are there any advantages to having Prime?  I would probably use the music and maybe the free shipping. 

Super Contributor

No, I'm not buying anything.  But...when the nightly news gave a demo of the big event, a family told Alexa to order an Elmo toothbrush.  My Alexa then tried to order one for us! I'll bet I'm not the only one who experienced that.  I was able to tell her to cancel, and I THINK I did.  I'll let you know if an Elmo toothbrush shows up on my porch this week!

Honored Contributor

I wanted a Fire TV for my living room and I've also been looking to get a bigger 4K HDTV for the living room, so their 55" 4K HDTV with the Fire TV built in for $399 was my buy this year. If I bought the Fire TV alone at the normal price with an HDMI cable I'd pay around $100, so I pretty much get a 55" 4K HDTV for $300 this way. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Dont know yet going to check things out later.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I've looked at a few things but haven't purchased yet. 

I was hoping to get a pair of 2 ctw Moissanite stud earrings at a reasonable price, but all they have are smaller stones set in sterling. I don't wear white metal and it's too spendy of a stone (at least to me) to not have it set in gold. 

I do have a Prime account and earlier in the week I signed up for a good deal on unlimited Kindle. In the long run, it'll be cheaper than renewing my non-resident library card in FL. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

The Echo is a great deal at half price and it looks like it'll be that price all day. I already have one plus the Echo Dot. If I didn't have the Dot, I would purchase another Echo at this price!

Other than that, I really haven't seen anything I really need.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

@Twoaces wrote:

No, I'm not buying anything.  But...when the nightly news gave a demo of the big event, a family told Alexa to order an Elmo toothbrush.  My Alexa then tried to order one for us! I'll bet I'm not the only one who experienced that.  I was able to tell her to cancel, and I THINK I did.  I'll let you know if an Elmo toothbrush shows up on my porch this week!

@Twoaces . Same thing almost happened to me!  During the news segment my Alexa perked up but I don't think she heard the command so she went back to sleep.  I did check my lists just to be sure though!

Everytime there is a demonstration of the Echo on TV my Alexa wakes up when they mention her name...it's kind of funny!

Honored Contributor

Nothing on my shopping list, so I'm going to stay away.

Honored Contributor

I bought a pair of $130 Ecco shoes for $61 last night.