Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone having Direct TV issues?

Always

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@grooms wrote:

YES...don't know where you re but I am in California and tried to watch the Breeder's Cup on channel 220 and they are having "difficulty"  - what else is new with Direct TV....since they went with At&T it is nothing but trouble with their equipment....going to go back to Dish Network - their equipment is outstanding - the only reason I left was because of the NFL package but the frustration isn't worth it.

I dropped them after 20 years.  AT&T ruined them as far as I am concerned.  Went with Dish and amazed how terrific they are vs DirecTv.  My Dish bill, for all the channels I had previously is almost $100 less.  

I tried to switch to Dish but there are too many trees in the neighborhood to line up the satelite dish.  

Dad called DTV this week and they told him they are working on the problem too.  It seems like it's a limited number of channels that are affected.  I'll tell him to try non-HD.

Trusted Contributor

I was glad it wasn't just me when friends 6 states away were also having trouble and we were having good weather.  I found it odd the only channel I could see at the time was QVC.  I was just glad it was all cleared up before the Hallmark Christmas Movie I wanted to record came on.  

In all fairness i rarely have trouble with QVC but upon retirement next July will be looking for cheaper alternatives.

Super Contributor

Loved DirecTV when they were the only game in town. Their price plan was amazing, channel lin up super satisfactory and DVR skill STRONG. Over the last year or so I thought we were paying a lot of money for not enough content we were watching so I switched us to DirecTV NOW and did streaming only. Then, that became AT&T TV and I lost interest - wonky interface and archaic approach to customer service. 

We are now on Hulu w/ live TV option and couldn't be happier. 

Trusted Contributor

I was on hold for 45 minutes and then hung up.  A little while later a message went across the screen stating they were having "difficulties".

They should of put that message up more promptly.  I was having problems for about 5 hours before they put up the message.  If I had know the problem was on their end, and not mine, I never would of called and wasted 45 minutes of my time on hold.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

A lot of our channels are all pixelated for lack of a different description.  Scrambled, bright colors.

DD caled Direct and they are aware of it and "working" on it.  Suggested going to setting that is not HD.  Non-HD channels are fine.

Heaven only knows how long it will take to fix.

We might have to see what movies on demand are available.

Have you seen an improvement yet? Our hangers came back and then went out again. It’s 17 channels that are out. All HD. We have a complete package and are on satellite. We have no Genie. We had help from tech support in restoring the channels. They worked for one day and then went out again.

Honored Contributor

@rae smith wrote:

Yes. I finally called and was told they are aware and there is something in space effecting the satellite/satellite signal.    Whatever.....

Has your Directv problem cleared up yet? Mine just came back. It’s November 7th. This had to be a oproblem with one of their satellites.