Esteemed Contributor

Anyone having Direct TV issues?

A lot of our channels are all pixelated for lack of a different description.  Scrambled, bright colors.

DD caled Direct and they are aware of it and "working" on it.  Suggested going to setting that is not HD.  Non-HD channels are fine.

Heaven only knows how long it will take to fix.

We might have to see what movies on demand are available.

Contributor

Re: Anyone having Direct TV issues?

Yes!  Just had it hooked up yesterday and problems today.  I didn't know what was wrong.  Glad to know it's not just me.

Valued Contributor

YES...don't know where you re but I am in California and tried to watch the Breeder's Cup on channel 220 and they are having "difficulty"  - what else is new with Direct TV....since they went with At&T it is nothing but trouble with their equipment....going to go back to Dish Network - their equipment is outstanding - the only reason I left was because of the NFL package but the frustration isn't worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

@grooms   I'm in NE PA.

Frequent Contributor

Yes. I finally called and was told they are aware and there is something in space effecting the satellite/satellite signal.    Whatever.....

Trusted Contributor

No, not today in Minneapolis

Regular Contributor

Yep - HGTV this afternoon. I would suggest everyone who is having problems mark down the days & times. Then call DirecTV and ask for an adjustment on your bill. After all we are paying for the services. I have done it in the past & they have made adjustments. Thinkng of dropping them anyway since the price keeps going up & I'm no longer under contract. It's either them or Dish in our area - rural.

Esteemed Contributor

I was having issues with my Direct TV today, here in the Pacific Northwest. I thought it was just our area.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@grooms wrote:

YES...don't know where you re but I am in California and tried to watch the Breeder's Cup on channel 220 and they are having "difficulty"  - what else is new with Direct TV....since they went with At&T it is nothing but trouble with their equipment....going to go back to Dish Network - their equipment is outstanding - the only reason I left was because of the NFL package but the frustration isn't worth it.

I dropped them after 20 years.  AT&T ruined them as far as I am concerned.  Went with Dish and amazed how terrific they are vs DirecTv.  My Dish bill, for all the channels I had previously is almost $100 less.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was getting the 771 problem code on 17 channels. Two differ3bt techs did not know how to fix it. Then I called to cancel and they gave me a better tech that fixed it. I had the channels today and then they went down again tonight. I use a receiver without the DVR. New tech dept is outside U.S. and reps do not seem as well trained as in past years.