Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone going to Coachella?

My one GD is the film industry, and was given 5 VIP  passes.  They are good for the entire festival, but they are going next week. They live in LA, so it is a drive. They somehow found a place to rent for 3 days in Palm Springs.. They told me that the fun part is that at the evening headliner event, they are usually surprise guest performers. You never know. I bought them sunscreen, got them hats...and they are on their own!  They have been planning wardrobe for weeks.  it takes quite an effort to look bohemian now a days, LOL!  My GD's are 21 and 27 and I guess this is the "big deal".  My oldest Gd went year before last, and loved every minute of it.  But it is expensive, even when you bunk up.  It requires taking a little work time off sometimes, gas, food and lodging.  Unless you just go for the day.

@Annabellethecat66

Shoot annabelle, I can't even walk a straight line on bumpy lawn!! I'd be a casualty 5 minutes in the door!

Honored Contributor

@morganjen

Yes, even Bobbi Brown had a "Coachella" make up lay out, lol!  I love the clothes.

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty I'm wobbly on my feet too!  I'd get us a wheelchair with a side car for you!  We'd be too hot grandmas!

Honored Contributor

the temperature is pretty warm......very warm! not sure i could stand it all weekend or even for a long day. have seen lots of photos on instagram.

LIVE webcast if you want to feel like you are there.....

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-coachella-2016-live-updates-htmlstory.html

i have heard of kanye, skrillex, seal, the weeknd, guns n roses, sia, and mavis staples....pretty much no one else......i am sure my teenagers have heard of a lot of them though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Funny story.  The year before last my granddaughter kept talking about going to Coachella.  I thought she ment Chowchilla.  Nothing bad about Chowchilla, but it is a farming town, and I coudn't picture a festival there. LOL!  I thought she was mispronouncing Chowchilla as Coachella, and I corrected her, LOL!  Took me a year to figure that one out.  Good grief!

Esteemed Contributor

No.  Not interested.

I think it's mainly for the young/youth crowds.  I don't do the drugs that so many do there.  I saw people in concert when they came out in my younth. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

I wish I was going to Coachella. lol. Its in California and I live in PA so that would be a no. Why dont they have something like Coachella on the east coast?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

My son went last year. He says this it is lame because a bunch of old celebrities are crashing it. By old he means 30. You couldn't pay me to go.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I need to stop in Indio for gas on my way to LA...........I'd never even THINK of going there for anything else (!).

♥Surface of the Sun♥