Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone from Hill Country Texas?

@Spurt   We've had quite a trip down memory lane, haven't we?  I bet @Puzzle Piece won't ask for any more opinions.

I'd hate to try to climb down from Enchanted Rock in the dark.  It was tricky in broad daylight.

So sorry to hear about the bakery.  I guess I won't be driving over to grab a donut.  I don't think I was ever in the dime store.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@straykatz  No heat in the attics.  This used to seem to happen a lot around Christmas when many people were gone.  There were thousands of home affected then the out of town carpet baggers arrived and price gouging started.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@straykatz  No heat in the attics.  This used to seem to happen a lot around Christmas when many people were gone.  There were thousands of home affected then the out of town carpet baggers arrived and price gouging started.

Aww...yes...if the house is unattended and left with heat turned off then I could see this happening.   Heat rises....so if the heat is on, then nothing should freeze in the attic.  

Honored Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

Why wouldn't people turn on their heat?  It's not like we don't have the ability to heat our homes her ein TX.  No reaosn for pipes to freeze, even if they are in the attic.  

@straykatz

The saying the wearthercasters on TV always say when cold weather is coming ---The 3 P's.....

Pipes-wrap outside pipes  (like the ones where you contact a hose to water your yard), leave the heat on so pipes won't freeze.

Pets---bring outdoor pets in

Plants-protect outdoor plants....

https://strittmatters.com/2014/01/17/why-do-pipes-freeze/

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 Kachina, you and Spurt have been very informative.  I will have to seriously consider some of the things you shared with me.

Frozen pipes?  Another consideration. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust