Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone following this disturbing story

We don't know if she lived in a populated area ... but I'm guessing she lived in the country. This is a truly bizarre story.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess she found it easier to do this instead of simply getting on birth control. What a pig. Hope she spends the rest of her life in jail.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

On 4/17/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

I guess she found it easier to do this instead of simply getting on birth control. What a pig. Hope she spends the rest of her life in jail.

There's a medical term for women who do this, can't recall what it is, besides murderer of course.

Super Contributor

Oh my!

Honored Contributor

If she's overweight she could have hidden the pregnancies.

Honored Contributor

On 4/17/2014 SydneyH said:
On 4/17/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

There's a medical term for women who do this, can't recall what it is, besides murderer of course.

She is obviously mentally ill.

Valued Contributor

Maybe her church told her not to use birth control as it is a ""sin"". Obviously she is very disturbed. Imagine the story if all these children had lived with her. The judge is beyond justice and reasoning and into moralizing as a political statement.

Super Contributor

I am reminded of Diane Downs, though she didn't kill as many of her children, plus some of the attempts failed.

Super Contributor

On 4/16/2014 occasional rain said:

The woman is mentally ill and belongs in a mental institution instead of a jail. It's ridiculous that she has a 6 million bond. What a lot of grandstanding on the part of the judge.

What mental illness does she suffer from?

Honored Contributor

I saw some of it on HLN but they really haven't gotten much more info that I have seen. Like many that spoke on the show I was watching, I think there are more people involved in this, what I see as a coverup, than they are telling us.

Don't see any way that without the help of someone this woman could disguise that many pregnancies and nobody knowing about it, especially her older children. Decades ago this type of story would be hard for me to believe, but in this era of time? There will or are probably worse stories that is not known(yet)by the public.

Sickening is the first thought in my mind.

E.T.A.

Mental illness? That is the standard answer from many when stories like this appear. Until I see or hear a mental diagnosis I will go with murder #1. When someone intentionally kills another human and than knows enough to hide the evidence?

hckynut(john)