Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else sick?

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Of what?

Ooo-ooo, can I start? (raising paw)

Oh, wait..... (sitting on paw)

@QueenDanceALot   Heh.  That's a smart kitty. 

Image result for cat raising paw gif

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Of what?

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Of what?

@QueenDanceALot   Heh.

Image result for cat raising paw gif

@Cakers3 

Sometimes I'm just astonished at how cute I am.

Honored Contributor

Flu was still rampant here in southern WV as of 2 weeks ago, along with a norovirus that filled local hospitals again with a lot of dehydrated patients.   The VA was discouraging visitors to their inpatients due to the fast spreading norovirus.   

At my routine checkup on Wednesday, I asked the nurse if she thought flu season had run it’s course here.   She said they had had not diagnosed and treated many flu patients this winter.  Strep was their #1 illness for the last few months.   

Respected Contributor

I sure hope I'm not sick.  Last Monday was the first time I've felt "OK"  in two months.  Just one cold after another when I normally rarely get a cold.   Two days ago I was on a plane, and I'm waiting for the next cold from all those germs!  So far so good...

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Kalli @sann @Still Raining @Equuleus @Cakers3 

Our friends from here have a grown son who had to be admitted to the hospital (another state) for (what was thought) flu.

He just kept getting worse and then a lung tumor was found.

Poor kid...he has had quite a rough time...surgery Tuesday to remove the tumor (9 cm)

He has been off and on the ECMO since Feb 20th. 

So, he was having flu but more serious underlying condition. He didn’t have a flu shot too.

@LTT1 , that’s awful! ☹️  Sending positive thoughts for him...

Honored Contributor

Allergeis are already starting to get to people too.  Knock on wood, I've been fine but one of DH's best friends has been sick for weeks.  No energy, coughing, achy, pain in mid-back and just feels bad. He's been back and forth to a doctor twice.  

Wednesday I was sneezing a lot at work but other than that I felt fine.  I went home and during a tv show, I started to get a super stuffy nose, dry cough and achy feeling.  I woke up yesterday and felt fine.  Don't know what that was all about.     

Respected Contributor

Here in SE Michigan Influenza A is going around big time. Our dd just had it...was tested. Fever, aches,cough. She got into the dr early and Tamiflu helped her a lot.  She caught it from her husband whose office was half out with it.

The pharmacist said that these late season flu outbreaks are usually when the virus mutates late in the flu season.

The people I know who have had it were all under 40, many kids. Lasts a bout 5-7 days.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else sick?

[ Edited ]

Well, darn it. I was perfectly healthy until I opened this thread. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

My Granddaughter came home with pink eye...

Honored Contributor

@Kalli  I just got over it.was really tied and slept a lot until the coughing started.Took about two weeks to feel myself again.Hope you feel better soon...get lots of sleep if you can