Respected Contributor

Anyone else sick?

[ Edited ]

Ugh. Made it all the way through Fall and Winter without getting sick.  Dh got it over a week ago and now me. Sore throat, wheezing. Grrr. 

Oh, poor pitiful me! 😆😆😔

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Of what?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

I went all winter without getting sick.  Yesterday out of the blue the back of my neck hurt and I started having problems swallowing.  Very bad sore throat but no sinus or coughing like a normal cold.  I do have a fever of 102 right now. 

Esteemed Contributor

Of what?  The news, cleaning sinks, deadheading plants, vacuuming the car,......

Respected Contributor

Sorry! I had to go back and put a message in. I’ll learn how to do this right someday.....maybe. Smh

Respected Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

I went all winter without getting sick.  Yesterday out of the blue the back of my neck hurt and I started having problems swallowing.  Very bad sore throat but no sinus or coughing like a normal cold.  I do have a fever of 102 right now. 

I would call my Doctor. Fever of 102 is a concern. 

Esteemed Contributor

My husband fell in the pot-holed-laden parking lot of our health club. He’s OK but while he was in X-ray I bumped into an old friend. She is 80 and said she had the flu and was waiting to get a chest X-ray because the doctor feared pneumonia. She lives in an independent living complex. The flu is making the rounds there, even though it’s almost April.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Of what?

Ooo-ooo, can I start? (raising paw)

Oh, wait..... (sitting on paw)

Honored Contributor

@Kalli @sann @Still Raining @Equuleus @Cakers3 

Our friends from here have a grown son who had to be admitted to the hospital (another state) for (what was thought) flu.

He just kept getting worse and then a lung tumor was found.

Poor kid...he has had quite a rough time...surgery Tuesday to remove the tumor (9 cm)

He has been off and on the ECMO since Feb 20th. 

So, he was having flu but more serious underlying condition. He didn’t have a flu shot too.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone else sick?

[ Edited ]

Oh my. Something must be getting passed around then. I woke up this morning all stuffy and ill. Took some DayQuil and went ahead and got some chores done but I stopped after 2. Just feel icky and certainly think I have a head cold. 

I hope everyone feels better soon.