Trusted Contributor

Anyone else having trouble logging into aol mail?

I had no problem until just now.  I got an 'authentication" error and a 'blerk 1" error.   When I couldn't log in with old password, I made a new one and still can't log in.  This is happening on my chromebook computer and my tablet. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else having trouble logging into aol mail?

I am too.  I managed to go to aol.com and hit mail after logging in with the error.  It actually did log me in despite the error.  I also had sucess with going directly to mail.aol.com.  But it is very hit or miss.    

Honored Contributor

yes

Regular Contributor

Yes, me as as well. Kept getting the "blerk" too. I was in earlier and logged in fine. I called for Customer Support and there was a 45-minute wait. The message said something about AOL had gone to a new experience: the 2-page log-in process. I've cleared my cookies and re-booted. Still get the blerk.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been using AOL for 25 years and have seen many changes.  They recently made another change  on December 15, 2017, and sent a notification back in November.

You can no longer sign into AOL from your PC using an older version of their program.  You now have to download a new app.  In addition, you must subscribe and pay a fee,  $5 a month, to use other AOL features as well as their desk top programming.  They have discontinued AIM too.

i can use my AOL mail for no charge by using the new app on my phone or iPad,  but I can no longer get into AOL by using the sign in screen on my desk top, nor can I read their news feed, etc. because I opted not to pay.

Honored Contributor

I knew I'd find something about the problem with AOL, if I came on here!

Yes, same thing.  Irritating when all I want to do is quickly check my emails before I head out shopping.  It will have to wait till later for me.

Honored Contributor

no problems for me on my laptop. i am on the mid-atlantic east coast.

i am able to view and read my emails.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I have been using AOL for 25 years and have seen many changes.  They recently made another change  on December 15, 2017, and sent a notification back in November.

You can no longer sign into AOL from your PC using an older version of their program.  You now have to download a new app.  In addition, you must subscribe and pay a fee,  $5 a month, to use other AOL features as well as their desk top programming.  They have discontinued AIM too.

i can use my AOL mail for no charge by using the new app on my phone or iPad,  but I can no longer get into AOL by using the sign in screen on my desk top, nor can I read their news feed, etc. because I opted not to pay.

@Carmie

i dont have the aol program downloaded on my laptop. but i do use aol as my homescreen on one of my browsers. i can easily get to my email AND see their newsfeed. i have not paid anything to aol for probably 10+ years now. you can also just go to aol.com and see their news stories and get your email.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

No one received notification that there was going to be a change as well as a price hike? AOL may have financial issues.

Respected Contributor

Yes I got the blerk error but I tried signing in again and I was able to get into my mail.  I hardly use AOL anymore, just a few things that I can use another email addy for. 

I am on my laptop now and hardly ever use it for aol.  I have the app on my tablets and that works ok.  I can live without aol if I have to.