Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else going through this

I thank everyone for all of the suggestions.I will probably buy one of those chain things because for my lifestyle that will work the best.I have tried the one arm in the bra thing but they fall out if I am shopping.I have tried the on the head but I am always bending to do something and they won't stay.Often I am out without a purse and I don't have a picket trustworthy enough....sooo it is the dreaded chain around the neck for me.

Respected Contributor

I, too, wondered why nobody suggested Lori Greiner's magnetic eyeglasses pin.

If you're looking for a lanyard/chain that's more upscale from what's in the stores, look in etsy dot com.  Use eyeglass chain or eyeglass lanyard in the search engine.  I got a very nice handmade (in the USA) silver chain & may go back for another one.  

Honored Contributor

I'd check out :

Necklace Lanyards and Eyeglass Holders 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

I wear Ray Ban and Maui Jim sunglasses and I always put them in the case. And place the case in my purse, If I don't have a purse, I wear a sunglass neck strap.

Honored Contributor

Ha.  My DH just asked me over the weekend why I have so many pair of sunglasses.  I told him wait and see how many are left in a few months!

I sit on them, drop them and step on them, catch them in doors and bust off a ear stem, set them on counters and walk away, put them on top of my head or one stem down my shirt, bend over and they are gone, etc.  I have lost them jet skiing. 

I now only buy cheap sunglasses.  It's amazing how cute some of the cheap sunglasses are too.  I've purchased a few pair from Big Lots that I get a lot of compliments on.        

Respected Contributor

I usually put my sunglasses on top of my head.   Then I usually put my readers on top of my head.

So sometimes I'm wearing two pairs of glasss on my head, which looks ridiculous.  But it's the only way I won't lose them.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Knock on wood, I bought a pair of Raybans last summer and still own them! I think I am more careful because they cost so much. I am notorious for losing sunglasses.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I usually put my sunglasses on top of my head.   Then I usually put my readers on top of my head.

So sometimes I'm wearing two pairs of glasss on my head, which looks ridiculous.  But it's the only way I won't lose them.  LOL

I love when I put my readers on my head and then walk around for 10 minutes looking for them!  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach Now that is a cute idea and something I would enjoy

Honored Contributor

Since my sunglasses are a prescription for driving but not the same as my bifocals I immediately put them in their own case as soon as I take them off even for a quick trip in a store. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."