Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone else going through this

I lost all of my sunglasses from setting them down while shopping or eating.  I stopped doing that, now I put them on top of my head and have not lost a pair in a long time!

Honored Contributor

I either slide them up to rest above my forehead or stick them in my open purse. There is plenty of room in my purse. I almost never, ever set them down. They are on my eyes, on my head or in my purse 99.5% of the time. It's habit.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I usually am wearing my sunglasses when I'm out, but when I need to just keep them handy, I stick one of the "arms" down my cleavage.   Unless you do a lot of bending over, it's unlikely you'd lose them.  lol   Woman LOL

EXACTLY what I do as well. I have never lost a pair of glasses. I usually walk to my bedroom where I keep my sunglasses in a draw as soon as I get home and put them away. If out I wear them as stated here or put them in my purse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I buy expensive sunglasses with good lenses.  That is incentive to keep track of them.  I usually get a new pair every year at the Nordstrom sale.  I currently have the choice between dark purple frames, blue frames or gunmetal wire frames. 

Respected Contributor

I lose every pair, or sit on them or step on them. 

Honored Contributor

Don't set them down. If you're not wearing them, they they should be in a case in your purse. I've never lost a pair of sunglasses. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I don't know why it is, but I've never lost a pair of cheaper sunglasses.  Only the pricier ones.  I treat them all the same!

I must have 3 pairs of cheapie ones in my car, as well as 5 or 6 pairs of other ones that I really don't like in my house, in my handbags, in my travel bags, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear mine all the time and don't usually take them off after I put them on.
Honored Contributor

Before he had to wear glasses full-time, my husband used to wear reading glasses.  Well, he was always buying more pairs to the extent that he even started purchasing several pairs at a time.

What he would do most of the time is end up sitting on them.  What the heck?  I finally offered my bit of advice, although I have to say that I would have thought this went without saying, which was to stop putting them in a place where he was likely to sit.

As for losing them, one good choice is the thing you buy that goes around your neck, as somebody else mentioned.     Otherwise, just have rules that you use to keep from losing them, like if you take them off put them in their case in your bag, pocket, leave them in the car or something - wherever it is that you can put them so that they won't end up lost.  Then, you just have to actually DO that, of course, 100% of the time.  After a while it just becomes automatic.   This is one program I had to employ years ago when I would lose things like keys and such.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Huh.  No one recommended Lori Greiner's magnetic paper clip from Shark Tank.