Respected Contributor

Anyone buying new furniture nowadays?

I'm interested in buying a new living room set but I'm wondering about the delivery timeframe. I know there had been some delivery slowdown due to Covid but are deliveries picking up now ?  How long have you waited for your delivery and did you get everything you purchased at the same time or were your items delivered on  different  days ?  Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone buying new furniture nowadays?

I searched forever for a new living room sofa and chair several years ago. The options were terrible.

There's an upscale consignment store nearby and I found a perfect white sofa to replace the one the dog chewed. Also a wine leather gooseneck chair for $300 that I saw recently new for over $3,000! 
  There's a $55 delivery fee and no wait for shipping. Today I saw beautiful well made and some new furniture. 
  Check out the thrift or consignment stores, ads in the newspapers, etc. you could find a bargain. 
        🪑 🛋 🛏 🎉 ‼️

Honored Contributor

I just need a new chair but I dread going.  LOL

A relative of mine ordered a new couch in April and it was delivered 2 weeks ago.  Another friend of mine waited 6 months for delivery of a whole family room suite of furniture.  It was damaged and they took it all back.  Smiley Sad  

Honored Contributor

Can't be of help on the timeline, but furniture stores are advertising on our TV stations so I assume there is inventory. Specially made pieces might have supply chain slowdowns.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think you'd be better off calling the stores in your area (or whatever online companies you may use) and asking them. Every area may be different/have different things in stock.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a sofa in March and they just called today to say it was in.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a dining table last August and it took around 2 months to come in. My daughter purchased a custom sofa and it was over 3 months before she received it. It depends on whether the store has what you want in stock. But if it is one where you are choosing the stain color or the fabric it could take awhile. If you want it before the holidays you might better start now. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Yes; I purchasd new bedroom furniture.

Honored Contributor

We purchased new Living Room Furniture , but this was last September, and we had no problems or delays!

Honored Contributor

I have an  early 1800's antique trunk from IN coming in, but my upholstered furniture was redone about 5 years ago through a local shop.