Respected Contributor

Anyone Try Lock & Lock Tritan Yet?

[ Edited ]

Just received my Lock & Lock Tritan yesterday...4 rectangular-shaped pieces in Pacific Blue (K46670). So far as I know, that is the first piece of tritan Lock & Lock. The bottoms are clear blue plastic (not frosted). They nest about 1 l/4" into the piece below it. They have all the other features of regular Lock & Lock. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with them. Supposedly, they do not stain from tomato-based sauces, although there is a warning to not put really high temperature products into the containers to avoid staining, pitting, etc. Thanks much!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Try Lock & Lock Tritan Yet?

[ Edited ]

I have had Tritan L & L from Q for a long time now...purchased at least a year ago or longer.

I never put red sauce of any kind in any of my plastic L & L, so I can't attest to the staining issue.  I always use my glass L & L for those type of leftovers.  For freezing....I use my old tupperware square containers which are still going strong.

My tritans have held up just fine, clear/whitish lids....tabs good and secure.  Definitely does not absorb ordors.

However, they run a little higher price, so I'm not sure that is money well spent for me.  My reg L & L are just fine.

Sorry, I guess I am not much help!  LOL

EDITED TO ADD:

I just read the reviews on your item number.  The reviews are good and many state these Tritans do NOT stain!

There are 3 pages of reviews you can read.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife ... Thanks so much for your input. I did read reviews before ordering, which is what enticed me to order them. Sometimes, long-term, products do not live up to their claims though, so was just curious. People usually write reviews soon after receiving the product. I like the "glass-like" look so you can actually see what is in the container. They will be perfect for my freshly chopped veggies. I like their nesting capabilities also. I have a lot of old Tupperware on hand, and they take up so much space in the fridge. They are also pretty stained and pitted, although the lids still fit tightly. I'll gradually convert over to Lock & Lock.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yardlie wrote:

@RespectLife ... Thanks so much for your input. I did read reviews before ordering, which is what enticed me to order them. Sometimes, long-term, products do not live up to their claims though, so was just curious. People usually write reviews soon after receiving the product. I like the "glass-like" look so you can actually see what is in the container. They will be perfect for my freshly chopped veggies. I like their nesting capabilities also. I have a lot of old Tupperware on hand, and they take up so much space in the fridge. They are also pretty stained and pitted, although the lids still fit tightly. I'll gradually convert over to Lock & Lock.

@Yardlie

I always order clear lids too....while the colored are so pretty....I can't see top down what I put in there as well as I can w/ clear lids!  LOL

Tritans are definitely a clearer bottom which I like.  While some of my L & L have had tab cracking issues....my Tritans never have.

I really like them and would order more, but I had to ban myself from L & L.  Tee hee, can't fit one more set in the cupboard even if they nest!

You are absolutely right about fast reviews, and I am guilty of that myself.  At first, it is wonderful so you give a good review.

Then down the road there is an issue!  You can't edit a review.

Spurtles come to mind.  I have the wooden ones less than a year and they were splitting into my food!  I always hand wash and dry all wood utensils immediately, never dishwasher.

Suppose to have a year guarantee.  Contacted the company as instructed on the warranty card.  Sent pictures, emails....they only replied with an auto response regarding dishes!  I sent so many emails.....nothing but that crazy response.  QVC wouldn't help me.  In the garbage they went.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think they do a disservice by not telling people how to use them if they are going to tell them that they are stain-resistant.

I've used my L&L for tomato-based sauces and foods for some 15 years without problems.  The only rule is to let the food cool completely before putting in the L&L.  It's just that simple.  None of mine have ever stained from this use.

I also wouldn't put them in the microwave, but they tell people to do that so they are not properly advising.   The regular L&L will stain, peel, and crack with regular microwave use because that type of plastic does that.

The Tritan is usually a heavier, clear, plastic - just like the microwave Tupperware that is that type of plastic.   For plastic, I only use those in the micreowave.   I think the line now is called 'vent n serve'.  I have the old ones that were called 'rock n serve'.  It's that hard plastic that won't stain, chip, or peel.

Honored Contributor

Rubbermaid's Brilliance line is Titan as well. Yes, you will always pay more for that type of plastic.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Thanks, @RespectLife@chickenbutt. and @suzyQ3 . I appreciate your input. So far I like them, but haven't really used them yet. Hoped to get some veggies chopped today, but something always comes up!

Trusted Contributor

I have read a lot on the boards and in reviews that Lock & Lock has been going downhill.

Does anyone have the regular L&L to compare with the Titan line? Is the Titan better?

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

I have read a lot on the boards and in reviews that Lock & Lock has been going downhill.

Does anyone have the regular L&L to compare with the Titan line? Is the Titan better?

@PilatesLover, it's an apple/orange comparison. They are not made with the same plastic. Titan is harder and more clear than the regular L&L. It is stronger and is not as likely to stain (although I've had no problem in that vein with my regular L&L, probably because I don't use it in the microwave).

And of course Titan is more expensive than regular L&L. The decision boils down to whether one thinks that the advantages outweigh the expense.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I love, love, love this product.  I keep looking for more items to come on line.  Hopefully they will keep making it or I will be buying the rubbermaid.