Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone Have Liberty Mutual Insurance?

Have any of you checked on USAA(if you are eligible-- many are now eligible who didn't use to be eligible).  I've been with them for 37 years, and made several very large claims, as it says in their t.v. ad, I'm a customer for life.  I know that there are many board members who are also USAA. Btw, DH and I were never in the military; my membership is based on my father's Navy service (and as a result, in addition to us, both my Sons plus older son's wife and three adult children are now members. Very friendly, responsive and fair.

Honored Contributor

I've been with them since 1982, when I moved away from home and split my policy from my mother's policy.

I have Condo (H06), Car and Umbrella with them.

I've only had to file auto claims (once I was hit, twice my car was damaged in a parking lot and it was classified as hit and run).

They were the saving grace of my last home refinance.  The Capital One "Team" was going to be the death of me and the LM customer service person working on my homeowners policy with them was the only one who knew what she was talking about.  We must have had 8 conference calls with Capital One trying to get them to understand what Condo insurance is and get the value we needed right.  They would not listen to us when we tried to explain that the HOA carries the insurance for the outside.

Anyway, they are always cheaper when I go out to shop around when I get a new car, so I've never had to change.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Have any of you checked on USAA(if you are eligible-- many are now eligible who didn't use to be eligible).  I've been with them for 37 years, and made several very large claims, as it says in their t.v. ad, I'm a customer for life.  I know that there are many board members who are also USAA. Btw, DH and I were never in the military; my membership is based on my father's Navy service (and as a result, in addition to us, both my Sons plus older son's wife and three adult children are now members. Very friendly, responsive and fair.

I will second this recommendation for USAA which I also have based on my Father's Navy service. They are a wonderful, service oriented company. Just to give you an estimate of rates: we live in Arizona and pay approximately $650 per year for homeowners insurance (home worth about $350K) and we pay about $1200 per year for 2 cars. I think these rates are very competitive. I also have my IRA with them and have access to my personal financial advisor whenever I wish - they do not charge commissions.

Respected Contributor

Had Liberty Mutual for many years without any car accidents or homeowner claims.  Each year, the premiums would increase and never go down.  As many here have said, they are just too expensive.  Went with another insurance company and the premiums are about half of what I was paying to Liberty Mutual.  Won't go back.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  We have Horace Mann Teachers Insurance and have had it for over 20 years.  Our agent is exceptional.  I think that after reading everything here that we will stay with them but it is probably time to make some changes to our policies.  No accidents, tickets, or claims and our rates keep rising.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!